Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How cool was Dale Jr??

2 posts in this topic

Hi Jess! *waves crazily*

I just wanted to ask you how cool was it for you to do a interview with Dale Jr.? Did you know how important what you were doing was? What I mean by that is are you into Nascar at all? If not then you might not be as excited as someone like myself would be about talking to him like that. You seemed to have fun with it and handles yourself very very well! Professional yet still fun! You are amazing at your job and I hope you stick with these guys when they " Go Big " and get a TV spot or something. Anyways thanks for the interview!

Matt Shewmake

Hi Jess! *waves crazily*

I just wanted to ask you how cool was it for you to do a interview with Dale Jr.? Did you know how important what you were doing was? What I mean by that is are you into Nascar at all? If not then you might not be as excited as someone like myself would be about talking to him like that. You seemed to have fun with it and handles yourself very very well! Professional yet still fun! You are amazing at your job and I hope you stick with these guys when they " Go Big " and get a TV spot or something. Anyways thanks for the interview!

Matt Shewmake

Hey Matt,

I'd like to start off by thanking you for your interest. I did know that the interview was very important. Although I do not watch Nascar racing nor have ever been to a Nascar race...I'd have to live under a rock if I didn't know who Dale Jr. was/is. I watched some of my past interviews with the sim community and wasn't really impressed on how I had handled those interviews. I seemed a bit nervous and talked a little to low and fast. I decided at that point and time that I COULD NOT let the interview with Dale Jr. go the same way. So...I went into the interview, confident and genuinley interested in what he had to say about his sim racing experience. I believe that when you are genuine and have a passion about what you are doing/who you are interviewing combined with the deeply caring about the outcome and overall look of the show, it makes for a great episode. I am honored to have had the chance to interview Dale Jr. and to bring that the world of simulated racing. Thanks for noticing and for the compliments and I am glad you enjoyed it just as much as I did!

Jessica