Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Moly...

28 posts in this topic

Btw guys on the 8:40 of Barny`s review he said "this little guys" - Can you tell me this round part name and is it selling somewhere?

The bushings? Well, technically I suppose they're not bushings (in the bearing sense).

You oughta be able to find them (or something just the same) via the googles. Here's an image I got when I searched for "bushing with set screw"...

The first place I'd go dig around for something like that would be a) Lowes or B)Tacoma Screw (but that's a US Pacific Northwest thing) or c) my local auto mechanic (s/he'd probably have a pointer to some other source).

FWIW: Tacoma Screw (Products) is this store in, well... Tacoma (WA) and various other locations around Puget Sound that have 463796436 Zabillion (that's a science-like term) nuts, bolts, washers, etc. They won't let you see 99% of them but if you walk up to the counter and show them an example or a picture they'll usually walk into their massive warehouse and after a few minutes return and say something like, "did you mean one of these?" whereupon they drop EXACTLY what you were looking for on the counter. Then you pay them something like $0.12 and off you go with your otherwise unobtainable nut, bolt, washer, etc. Tacoma Screw is like, well... the Garbage Man in the Simpsons. (laid back and yet all knowing) If they don't happen to have it they invariably know exactly how to get it, too...

That said, they probably get everything from Bulgaria anyway, so (psst, don't tell anyone)... ;)

If MPPC had any sense they would of had Basher sell them exclusive rights to the controller, dis-allowing him to sell them to anyone else.

Not sure MPPC could dis-allow anyone, that is unless Basher signed an exclusive contract and was paid handsomely for it.

The bushings? Well, technically I suppose they're not bushings (in the bearing sense).

You oughta be able to find them (or something just the same) via the googles. Here's an image I got when I searched for "bushing with set screw"...

The first place I'd go dig around for something like that would be a) Lowes or B)Tacoma Screw (but that's a US Pacific Northwest thing) or c) my local auto mechanic (s/he'd probably have a pointer to some other source).

FWIW: Tacoma Screw (Products) is this store in, well... Tacoma (WA) and various other locations around Puget Sound that have 463796436 Zabillion (that's a science-like term) nuts, bolts, washers, etc. They won't let you see 99% of them but if you walk up to the counter and show them an example or a picture they'll usually walk into their massive warehouse and after a few minutes return and say something like, "did you mean one of these?" whereupon they drop EXACTLY what you were looking for on the counter. Then you pay them something like $0.12 and off you go with your otherwise unobtainable nut, bolt, washer, etc. Tacoma Screw is like, well... the Garbage Man in the Simpsons. (laid back and yet all knowing) If they don't happen to have it they invariably know exactly how to get it, too...

That said, they probably get everything from Bulgaria anyway, so (psst, don't tell anyone)... ;)

Lol - its funny to live in the States:) Thanks for the input. If you find the exact part somewhere - let me know:)