Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Moly...

28 posts in this topic

Well, they definitely look nice, but as razorsimon mentioned they don't look very robusts (at least through the pictures). But is it my impression or the throttle and clutch look exactly the same? Unless there is a mechanism inside the spring that simulates the clutch feeling I don't see how these can be the most realistic pedals. Looking forward for a review.

In minute 6:33 the pedals are not yet bolted to the rig ;). Nevertheless the flexible is clearly visible in 7:40 as you mentioned.

The flex might even not be perceptible when racing but for this price....

Just like brakes the competition is getting stiffer in this market, so there should be something to differentiate these pedals from the others. The fact they are inverted will be a plus for many but with HPP inverted pedals on the way at a similar price point then it's going to be tough competition.

I see that $899 isn't even for the hydraulic option which is an additional $299 :shock: You also can't adjust the feel of the hydraulic brake without purchasing an additional tuning kit.

To me this just demonstrates how much good value the HPP 2 pedal sets are - I realize I'm sounding like an HPP fanboy now so I'll shut up :smile:

@UNKLE:

Question on your brake pedal.  On the ViView, how far the reading you can reach as you press the brake pedal as hard as you can? But I could press up to about 2700 at most on mine. Sim Racing Garage had review on that pedals and he could reach up to 3700 reading. I wonder what could cause the diff from mine? I have his earlier version but updated with newer pressure sensor and cylinder, though. Just like yours.

I have never used ViView, I just go off the raw value in iRacing when calibrating.

I did notice that the softer the bushings then the lower the value, for example with the two orange bushings I got to about 2800 max if I recall.  I currently use one black and orange bushing and the max value goes up, I stop at about 2950 which is the sweet spot for me but it could go over 3000 with the black and orange combo.

When I briefly tried the two black bushings I could go well over 3000 but it was getting to the point that I if I tried to press any harder then something was going to eventually break on my rig or I'd give myself a hernia :smile:

I can't see how anyone could drive comfortably at 3700 without having a lead foot.

I see. HIs video showed up to 3700 (but on bursting....). I know that pressue sensor can burst up to 5000 psi.

Most of real GT cars, the max foot brake pedal force is up to about 170 - 180 lbs. On the HPP sim pedal, I measured that I got about 100 lbs force at "max" as I pressed up to about 2500 reading.

Without wanting to derail this thread I wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest, best to just experiment and go with what feels right to you.  It has taken me some time to get completely comfortable but I'm very happy for now.

I've noticed that the more I've got use to these pedals the firmer I've been wanting the brake.  I started with two orange at 2750 and now I'm black and orange at 2950 with some additional pre-load.  I also noticed that when I calibrated at 2750 at some tracks that require heavy braking I would lock up a little easier, since I've calibrated at 2950 my lock ups are a lot fewer now.

I'd say try the black and orange combo and a bit more preload then see if you can comfortably reach a higher reading closer to 3000

Love the look of these MPPC pedals BTW :smile:

With socks it's harder to press the brake at those higher levels for long periods, wearing shoes makes it easier.  I found too that moving my seat back a little and raising the heel plate helped me to comfortably apply more pressure.

IMO spending $1200 on a set of hydraulic pedals is just insane. I spent $220 on a G27 and it's the best piece of sim equipment I've ever owned, although I've only been sim racing for 8 months. I think that pedals are a very important part of a race car or simulator, however I just find it unnecessary to spend that much money on a set of pedals. However in my short time here on earth I haven't purchased many expensive things in my life so I can't appreciate things with more value than others i.e. G27 vs. CSW v2. They look awesome though, but if I had the money I'd rather go with DSDs.

The price is a big killer for me, the bit I was originally excited about was the console compatibility,  but that price.... I message MPPC on FB and asked if the controller they were showing off and spruking in pictures on facebook would be available for purchase on it's own (in a hope we could build DIY pedals for consoles in the constraints of our commoner budgets, or even mod some protosimtech pedals to a MPPC controller) but they shot me a message back informing me that the controller will not be available as a stand alone product. Shame really.

The price is a big killer for me, the bit I was originally excited about was the console compatibility,  but that price.... I message MPPC on FB and asked if the controller they were showing off and spruking in pictures on facebook would be available for purchase on it's own (in a hope we could build DIY pedals for consoles in the constraints of our commoner budgets, or even mod some protosimtech pedals to a MPPC controller) but they shot me a message back informing me that the controller will not be available as a stand alone product. Shame really.

You should contact Basherboards directly, there should be no reason why he can't sell you one as a one off since he made them.  In fact it wouldn't surprise me if Basherboards is working on something that will get old wheels and pedals to work on the new consoles.  If he sold something like that he would clean up.

You should contact Basherboards directly, there should be no reason why he can't sell you one as a one off since he made them.  In fact it wouldn't surprise me if Basherboards is working on something that will get old wheels and pedals to work on the new consoles.  If he sold something like that he would clean up.

If MPPC had any sense they would of had Basher sell them exclusive rights to the controller, dis-allowing him to sell them to anyone else.