Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrustmaster T300 RS PC Review

16 posts in this topic

Good review, I'm curious to know about wheel belt fade in comparison to the T500.  Do you feel any fade in the T300 wheel with the FFB cranked up after about 5-10 consecutive laps and how does it compare to belt fade in the T500? 

The belt fade is the single gripe I have with the T500 right now and the reason why I'm looking at the DIY Accuforce. However I'm tempted to get myself one of these as a christmas present if the base is better than the T500.

Good review, I'm curious to know about wheel belt fade in comparison to the T500.  Do you feel any fade in the T300 wheel with the FFB cranked up after about 5-10 consecutive laps and how does it compare to belt fade in the T500? 

The belt fade is the single gripe I have with the T500 right now and the reason why I'm looking at the DIY Accuforce. However I'm tempted to get myself one of these as a christmas present if the base is better than the T500.

I've never heard the term "belt fade" and never experience a difference in FFB over time. I may not have it cranked up high enough to have that problem though. 

Great review Darin.

I have to agree with the idea of being able to buy just the wheel base, I have a T500 with the GTE and F1 optional wheels, so for me, if I wanted to try a T300, I'd have to pay for the PS4 wheel and those pedals which I have no use for, basically, if the T300 base was available on it's own, I'd be interested in buying one as a spare and to try out and compare to my T500. I'm not willing to buy the package at that price just to have a spare wheel base.

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

I've never heard the term "belt fade" and never experience a difference in FFB over time. I may not have it cranked up high enough to have that problem though. 

Apparently it's because the rubber belt expands and contracts a little due to temperature fluctuations which makes the FFB feel different over time as the wheel gets hotter.  It would appear that the T300 with the brushless motor keeps cooler compared to the T500 which I hope might reduce the fade.

Thanks for the review and as a PS4 user I think this is going to be something id like to buy but £300 is expensive. Saying that here in the UK amazon have pushed the price down to £239.20 so thats not to bad but due to the lack of racing games on PS4 right now i'll probably wait until Project cars in march to get the T300rs. Id also be looking at the T3PA's to so thats another £89

Hi Darin,

I'd be very curious to hear more about your custom Thrustmaster Profile settings since the defaults are all at 100. Can you elaborate more please?

I did in the video and the written review.. Here they are:

Before I get to how it performed in game, these are my Thrustmaster Profile settings:

Force: 75

Constant 100

Periodic 100

Spring 0

Damping 5

No I got that part down, what I'm curious about is why you made those changes.

I just received this wheel and I'm trying to understand what these settings do exactly and the user manual is utterly useless.

I don't own the wheel, or any wheel for that matter (yet), but what I would do to test them and figure it out is to set one of the settings and try it at each of the extremes of the settings available, race it for a few laps with each of these settings, return it to default, then try the next one.  This ought to give you a pretty good idea of how each setting impacts the wheel's performance.

Once that was done, then I'd try adjusting one setting at a time; run a few laps with it to see what you think, and make adjustments till you get it dialed into whatever meets your personal preferences.

That's just my no experience thoughts on how I would try to learn what each setting did and how to find what would work best for me.  Someone with experience will probably have a better idea though.

I think the reason people usually use these specific setting in the profiler is because most sims handle the damper and spring settings internally, and if you set your FFB Strength too high the effects "clip" and you lose effect. So these settings give you fairly free spin and strong-ish FFB.

I do use the Damper/Spring settings to compensate for either emulators or programs that I felt had lacking settings or wheel feel and that you just handle on a need to basis. But these "general" setting work pretty well.

hey there. 

I know this topic has been dead for awhile, but I am about to choose t300 for a lot of good reason. 

I am hesitant because I have read a lot of reviews and came to the conclusion that a lot of t300 users' wheel failed or having issues. 

Are there any users here on this forum that has a say in it? I have read almost every corner of this forum, and I saw some people requesting help, which scares me. But I also saw that most of the users had no problem so far. 

I got yesterday my brand new T300rs GTE version and today i got my F1 addon wheel. First af all, i am very impressed with the feeling of the wheel. it's very precise and has good FFB. now to the downsides, i made a custom made mount base to mount my 7" HDMI monitor which i use as a dash, but seems that it doesn't fit well in T300 base, it's sitting too high so the rims are hidding quite a bit of the monitor, compared to the CSR i had earlier which it was GREAT in that perspective. Next thing, the F1 rim came with a faulty button, the "Pump" Button is behaving like it is always pressed. I think this will be an easy fix (maybe resolder the cables to the button), but anyway i sent already an email to TS for that. As for the GTE wheel, feels like a toy when you are used racing with real life racing wheels, It's well built but too small, I am still waiting for my DSD wheel adapter to arrive.

What i would like to know, is how good actually is the T300 in terms of reliability? i see that all wheels even CSW have reliability issues. the only wheels over the years without any problems as far as i know, are the G25/27 and the T500rs. Should i expect it to die anytime soon? is there any particular things i should be aware of or be carefull about when i use it?

P.S. Is it necessairy to fasten the "quick release" bolt every time?