Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2010 Patch Update Looking Positive.

36 posts in this topic

I installed the patch last night and noticed immediately an improvement in PS3 graphics. Line twitter greatly reduced and the wing mirrors now work nicely. Reflections on the bonnet are more stable and realistic. Also the FFB on the Fanatec Turbo S wheel is much improved with greater feel for the road. The puncture issue seems solved and the Penalties more rational. I am particularly pleased that the invalid next lap penalty for time trials only applies for the last few corners. I understand that the G27 FFB has been adversely affected. Maybe Darin and Shaun can shed some reviewer light on this. Also the pit stop bugs seems to have been solved so far. I have not tried the fuel simulation yet although others are still finding problems with it. So far the patch is looking good improving this excellent formula 1 racing game IMO.

Regards,

Paul

I pretty much gave up on F1 2010 (Steam PC version), I never got to play it due to sound issues, even by changing my audio card from a SB X-fi Xtreme Gamer to a older SB Audigy 5.1 es card, the sound issues are still there.

I'm at the point that I don't care if I ever play this game anymore, also, next time Codemasters releases a new racing title, I'll wait and see how many unfixed bugs it has before buying.

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

Hi jack, I believe the PC patch is now out and so you might like to give it just one more whirl. You never know.

Hi Patrocles, Unfiortunately, I am based on the South Coast of the UK. However, i believe that PS3 and PC patch is now avialable in the States and Canada.

Regards,

Paul

I installed the PC patch. They made a half ass attemp at supporting the Leo Bodnar SLI-Pro :lol: and now the menus are all zoomed in and spread out over the triple monitors on my SLI setup. Maybe just a Nvidia thing :?: .

Hi jack, I believe the PC patch is now out and so you might like to give it just one more whirl. You never know.

Hi Patrocles, Unfiortunately, I am based on the South Coast of the UK. However, i believe that PS3 and PC patch is now avialable in the States and Canada.

Regards,

Paul

Thanks, Paul! I will check for the patch later this week.

Cheers!

:)

I played it already with the patch, and the pitstop thing I think is the same. I play it on the PS3, and yesterday I was runing Budapest, Career mode, with Sauber. Was on first place with 5 cars right behind me. when I did my pitstop, Hamilton and Kubica went in also, so Hamilton was right behind me on the pits, and Kubica in front. well, my mechanics finished the tire change, and I wanted to go out, and they told me to wait, they were waiting for Hamilton to go throught, and the think is, Hamilton's mechanics weren't done yet, and it holded me until Hamilton was done and past me, my pist stop was over 10 seconds and made me go down to 4th for the rest of the race =S

I hope it was just that one, and I'll keep trying different scenarios to see how it works. about the other stuff, it is fixed. the only one I have to try is the tire punctures online playing a GP, since the last time I did it I had 4 punctures =S

THIS PATCH SUCKS

I installed it and immediately my FFB was gone only rumble from the kerbs was left so I had to delete the patch.

The mirrors looked the same frame rate went a bit up but no great improvement .

The Lag was fixed but the graphics are still horrible the worst I've seen for a PS3 game even GT5 prologue looks 1000 times better and its a 3 year old game.

In my opinion Codemasters did a horrible job on F1 2010 and I think the game was rushed.

BTW I use a Fanatec GT3 Rs v2 and Club sports pedals as soon I deleted the patch I had my FFB back. :mrgreen:

It must be frustrating to be having problems with the patch. I have discovered that graphics on the PS3 are pretty much the same for the most part. I found out my son had turned off all the sharpness and noise reduction processing on the TV which actually improves the graphics would you believe. If only he'd told me as I thought it was the patch. The reflections on the bonnet and from the rear view mirrors are much better. The FFB with the Fanatec Turbo S is excellent with the patch, one of the most realistic I've tried. I still have had NO issues whatsoever with pit stops with the fuel and tire simulations on full for 100% races. For me, the patch is great and the game is simply awesome. Browsing through the Codemasters forum makes me feel like I'm one of the few people on the planet who actually loves playing this racing game. :?

Regards,

Paul

It must be frustrating to be having problems with the patch. I have discovered that graphics on the PS3 are pretty much the same for the most part. I found out my son had turned off all the sharpness and noise reduction processing on the TV which actually improves the graphics would you believe. If only he'd told me as I thought it was the patch. The reflections on the bonnet and from the rear view mirrors are much better. The FFB with the Fanatec Turbo S is excellent with the patch, one of the most realistic I've tried. I still have had NO issues whatsoever with pit stops with the fuel and tire simulations on full for 100% races. For me, the patch is great and the game is simply awesome. Browsing through the Codemasters forum makes me feel like I'm one of the few people on the planet who actually loves playing this racing game. :?

Regards,

Paul

Ok... good. I'm not the only one. So far I haven't had any of the issues that everyone seems to be complaining about.