Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it worth the money if....

7 posts in this topic

If you don't want to spend the 80$ then go for the 45$...

I have been sim racing for over 20 yrs... Rfactor 2 is a full blown sim... They are lacking in graphics, but the actual tire model, real road etc. Give you what other sims can't.

Ac is not in the same gendra.. I have done extensive testing with it and the physics are just not up to par... i racing kills it...

It is fun, offers lots for your $, but it is offering a forza type sim for pc gamers... If you have ever tried nkp then you will see how they have chosen a different road compared to the in your face pure sim that nkp was (in terms of physics, tire model).

Don't forget one thing isi work directly with teams . They make the simulators for them.. Recently Ferrari has gone back to them...

My friends and I have all tried to give ac the benefit of the doubt, its just not a real sim more like a glorified simcade..

It will appeal to some because its not difficult and it makes you believe that you are MS...

The new demo definitely gives better cars than the Honda Civic BTCC, in my opinion (in the perspective of showcasing what rFactor 2 is capable of). The FR3.5 has awesome sounds, the Corvette is a true beast as well.

However, I will say the "hidden gems" of rFactor 2 are the Classic Formula 3 cars 

"WHA?!?!"

These cars are essentially 4 cylinder open wheelers without the downforce. These give you a firsthand perspective of what it means to "feel" the car. You will slide through corners or you can flirt with the edge of grip, but either way, you'll have a blast. One thing I love to do in particular is have the car in a slide, and have just the rear tire graze the curb exiting a corner, but keep the front tires on the track. THAT is the awesomeness of car control.

I also talk with Tim Wheatley (ISI staff) regularly, and I will put it this way. We have a LOT to be excited for, and it's going to come soon, and fast :D

I'd recommend to anybody, if they have the money, go for the lifetime package. There will be quite a bit of life left in rFactor 2, especially when it hits its stride and the modders will realize the potential rF2 truly has.

I agree totally.. I just feel that the modding era will never be what it once was...

Look how much content isi has to offer. Wonderful stuff!!!

It's such a shame how ppl can get brainwashed into believing assetto corsa is such a great SIM. I hope that the true king will return to the top.... Keep up the wonderful work ISI..