Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forza 5 Hot Lap Trials

30 posts in this topic

The Aventador has been painted for this run and it looks good.  It's a F14 fighter jet themed car and suits this car and the track very well.

I used the stock engine aspiration instead of adding on the twin turbo.  The car drives very, very well and I love it.

So far, I've been getting sub 4 minute time (even faster than my full R900 time by few seconds!) but have not been able to secure a CLEAN time yet.

Event #4 Standing Start:  1:42.973 (or .937) . . . video uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iZoWUcaGnY&list=UUfYC3HzCc21o7-HSlkQuetg

Now for the Lamborghini Aventador at LeMans . . . to paint or not to paint, that is the question . . . 

Man, that is fast! As you can see below I am way way slower, well at least I now know who's times I should aim to beat... I kept messing up my starts, never got off the line fast enough, but I will improve with more practice!

The Aventador has been painted for this run and it looks good.  It's a F14 fighter jet themed car and suits this car and the track very well.

I used the stock engine aspiration instead of adding on the twin turbo.  The car drives very, very well and I love it.

So far, I've been getting sub 4 minute time (even faster than my full R900 time by few seconds!) but have not been able to secure a CLEAN time yet.

That sounds sweet, if you have a picture of the design on hand I am pretty sure people would love to see it, but if not that is fine.

I hope you can get in a clean time, I will be posting the next event but feel free to take your time with that one, it's not like at the short TG test track, those laps are long and there are lots of places where you could go slightly off track, or even cut a corner a little too tight.

My times:

Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

Lap Time: 04:16.05

Xbox Live Gamertag: diggity2doop (FEEL FREE TO FRIEND)

Driving Setup: Thrusmaster TX wheel + gas/brake pedals

Car used: Lamborghini Aventador

Track: 24 Heures du Mans, circuit La Sarthe

Drive type: AWD

Engine type: 7.0L V12, turbo charged

Transmission type used: manual, no clutch (PDK)

Vauxhall Astra 1.6 '13

Standing lap time: 1:47.232

Lap Time: 1:43.322

Xbox Live Gamertag: diggity2doop

Driving Setup: Thrusmaster TX wheel + gas/brake pedals

Car used: '13 Vauxhall Astra

Track: Top Gear, Full circuit

Drive type: FWD

Engine type: Stock (1.6 L)

Transmission type used: Manual,no clutch (PDK)

(I have photos of both of my leaderboard standings) 

Event #5

Ariel Atom 500 V8 @ Silverstone

Race this crazy track car that looks (and accelerates...) like rocket around Silverstone. Racing this famous British car on a famous British track, what could possibly be more perfect? Well doing it three times of course! You will test your speed and cornering skills on all three of the Silverstone tracks; the Grand Prix Circuit, the International Circuit and the National circuit. By the end you will be exceptional at driving the Atom and will be stuck with images of Silverstone in your dreams... a good or bad dream..? Well, it will all depend on those lap times..

Upgrading up to Level R900 (vehicle class) permitted with unlimited tuning.

Car: Ariel Atom 500 V8

Tracks: Silverstone Racing Circuit: Grand Prix Circuit, International Circuit, National Circuit

Customization: Up to Vehicle class R900

Tuning: Unlimited

Remember to read and follow all rules!

Between this and the next event expect a 3-4 day time period to allow for individuals to try out the Atom at all 3 tracks.

Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 (with Top Gun paint - copy of original design by dangeruss)

Lap Time: 03:56.128 (#1773 on LB)

Xbox Live Gamertag: GRD 4 3L

Driving Setup: Controller (Normal Steering) > Can do Simulation Steering but too lazy to change back and forth . . . 

Car used: Lamborghini Aventador, R865

Track: 24 Heures du Mans, circuit La Sarthe

Drive type: AWD

Engine type: Upgraded original engine, no turbo

Transmission type used: manual+clutch

Replay video in Rivals, Upload, and YouTube.  I tried to link the pictures but T10 site pictures are not allowed to be linked here . . . :(

http://youtu.be/PIjEyvDPKh0

...Controller (Normal Steering) > Can do Simulation Steering but too lazy to change back and forth . . . 

It is fine if you do normal steering, I am pretty chill with that, anyways we are all here to have fun, so do whatever is best for you!

(Note: Remember to always indicate any times you diverge from the original rules, not that that has been a problem...)