Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Upgrade Logitech driving force Pro

17 posts in this topic

I got a Logitech DFP from a friend for shipping only and while it is way better then trying to use a controller, I have gotten so into this whole thing that I am looking at an upgrade. The main game I play right now is Assetto Corsa, so compatibility with it is paramount. 

The wheels I am looking at are the LogitechThrustmaster T500s. I am currently leaning towards the GT3 because from my understanding the wheel is on the bigger size which is great for me as I have pretty large hands and would really like a more real size wheel. The G27 is definitely attractive as it is much cheaper now and moddable, my only concern is the gear driven FFB is not much of an upgrade over the DFP that I have now.The Thrustmaster seems on the expensive side, especially since it has a similar drive system to the GT3 and I can get the CSR elite with the load cell cheaper then the t500. So, those are my thoughts. I may be wrong, and I may be missing something. Is there something else out there that would be better, and more affordable? 

if you're in the U.S i have a g27 for sale in the for sale section of the forums. definitely an upgrade from dfgt and you get a clutch and shifter and it will feel better than a dfgt

I looked, and thank you for letting me know. However if I get the G27, I will get a new once since it is only ~30 more on Amazon.

If I had my choice of the three, T500 for sure. Another option is to go with the Thrustmaster TX or T300 and then get the Fanatec pedals or Thrustmaster T3PA pedals when they come out. 

I watched your review on the T500, T300 and the GT3. You guys seemed to love the GT3 when you had your shootout, but there has not been much comparison between it and the T500. What is it about the T500 that makes it worth $260 more than the GT3? 

Love the show and thanks for responding!

I looked, and thank you for letting me know. However if I get the G27, I will get a new once since it is only ~30 more on Amazon.

make an offer as it says. I'm selling cheaper than ebay and i pay shipping

I watched your review on the T500, T300 and the GT3. You guys seemed to love the GT3 when you had your shootout, but there has not been much comparison between it and the T500. What is it about the T500 that makes it worth $260 more than the GT3? 

Love the show and thanks for responding!

The force feedback is twice as strong and more defined then the GT3. The T500 also comes with a solid set of pedals for that price and you can swap out wheels to the GTE or F1 rims. The combo you linked to in your OP was a GT3 and CSR pedals which are not as good as the Elites. The elites are twice the price.

I'd also say the T500 is more reliable as I've had more than one Fanatec wheel at that price point fail on me.  

The T500 is a rock solid wheel I have been running mine for going on 3 years now, the only problem I have had was the paddle shifter switches failed and a loud fan after 2 plus years of hard racing. I contacted Thrusmmaster and they were right on it had my parts with in a week did the repairs and it is better then new.

( unlike some other unnamed wheel companies Thrustmaster upgraded the parts to fix the problems properly instead of sending the same part that failed)

I would imagine that the later version of the T500 has the upgrades already done.

As for the G27 it will be a massive upgrade over the the DFGT much smoother and quieter then the DFGT better over all fell then the DFGT. The G27 is a work horse they last forever I had a early release G25 for years sold it when I bought my T500 it is now on its 3rd-4th owner and still going strong. 

Hope this helps 

Thank you everyone for the input. It looks like the T500 is definitely well loved. I have seen some reviews on Amazon that say they are not reliable, but it sounds like that is not the experience with folks here.

From the things I am reading, the T300 is a much cheaper built wheel, plus the pedals are crap. I guess I could get the CSR elite pedals with the T300 and they would be about the same price, but then there is no shifter. It seems like I keep adding more and more money to this... The T300 seems awfully expensive for what it is.

I don't know, maybe I need to back down a little. I have decided I want something belt driven, but I am not really keen on spending $500.

It seems like I keep adding more and more money to this... The T300 seems awfully expensive for what it is.

welcome to the club and it really isn't expensive for what it is. the next option over t300/tx is of course t500 or the much more expensive csw v2 +rims

From the things I am reading, the T300 is a much cheaper built wheel, plus the pedals are crap. I guess I could get the CSR elite pedals with the T300 and they would be about the same price, but then there is no shifter. It seems like I keep adding more and more money to this... The T300 seems awfully expensive for what it is.

I don't know, maybe I need to back down a little. I have decided I want something belt driven, but I am not really keen on spending $500.

Pedals are "crap" is a bit of a stretch, yes they aren't the best, but they sure as aren't the worst either. Some of the earlier Fanatec basic pedals weren't much, the dfgt's weren't much, and we won't even touch Madcatz previous offerings.

At the end of the day the pedals are supplied with this wheel as a starting point, and if Thrustmaster keep evolving their "Ecosystem" the future wheel bases possibly won't come with pedals at all. You just buy the ones you want. 

The T300 pedals are in my opinion better than the DFGT ones, but not quite as good as the G27 ones. They are perfectly fine for racing, they have hard mounts, and metal faces, they just work.

As for not wanting to spend money, well you can't have your cake and eat it too ;)

My 2c worth.