Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Episode 84 - WRC 2010 Review

31 posts in this topic

This is the second game that has come out recently that has snubbed Fnatec in some way. Do you think logitech may be going around and making some kind of back door visit to these developers last minute?? IDK but sounds fishy to me that 2 of the last games to come out have had the same problem.. ;) Just saying.......

Great observation ! I can't say for sure, but Imagine Logitech and all the wheels they sell can apply some pressure. I have not had a comment from Codemasters or Milestone for the lack of support for those wheels.

In regards to Codemasters. Fanatec had to change their firmware on the Turbo S for it to work properly on the PS3. The only way to get a Fanatec to work on WRC is to boot it as a Logitech wheel.. Conspiracy.. sounds like it.

Sony lists Fanatec as a partner, but will not let him have access to the software development kit (SDK) to make his own driver.

All about the $$$$ or Euros in this case..

Great observation ! I can't say for sure, but Imagine Logitech and all the wheels they sell can apply some pressure. I have not had a comment from Codemasters or Milestone for the lack of support for those wheels.

In regards to Codemasters. Fanatec had to change their firmware on the Turbo S for it to work properly on the PS3. The only way to get a Fanatec to work on WRC is to boot it as a Logitech wheel.. Conspiracy.. sounds like it.

Sony lists Fanatec as a partner, but will not let him have access to the software development kit (SDK) to make his own driver.

All about the $$$$ or Euros in this case..

Codemasters just release news that F1 2010 patch will have Fanatec wheel support. I serious doubt it a conspiracy I think it's just the fact there are a lot more Logitech wheels out there compared to Fanatec so when developers press against time they will pick Logitech over Fanatec. If you have limited time and had to pick one,choosing Logitech is a no brainer.

i don't know how u liked this title it was just like Xpand Rally Xtreme i think its horrible rbr and dirt 2 are 100 times better what a waste of money. i have Rally Championship Xtreme a very old title by the same and think thats better than this. i will stick with rbr and dirt 2 till rbr 2 comes along. i used ur g27 setting but i feel pendulum effect. my opinion the game is a game and a horrible one

Hi guys, what an entertaining episode (again)!

I do have some questions about WRC 2010 based on what I saw on the show. Note that I'm not trying to bash Darin's driving (even though him hitting things was amusing :mrgreen: ), I'm just interested in knowing if the driving manoeuvres were intentional or just what you're used to based on circuit racing.

Firstly I noticed the gear you use to negotiate corners. If you plonked a real life rally driver into the game pod you would see a major difference in changing gears. It has to do with a rally car engines immense torque in low revs. Does it effect handling / grip in any way if you went through corners with lower revs (=higher gear)? I saw how you flicked from 5th to fourth while going through a 5th - 6th gear corner, almost bouncing the rev limiter.

Secondly I thought how you were understeering in low speed corners which you would normally powerslide through and oversteering in faster corners. How flickable exactly are 4wd cars in game? If you try and control the rear a bit will it shoot you into a tree? For example I thought you were driving a FWD car when you were actually in Ken Block's wrc Ford! That's how bad it understeered.

One last thing. When you said "there are too many hairpins" and how the pacenotes are not dynamic: That's sort of how they're supposed to be. A '6 right' doesn't mean it's a 6th gear corner. The range is just from 1-6. Some rally drivers use the numbers 1-6 (additionally + and - too), some use the oldschool degrees like you hear in rbr (only with those you would need + and - degrees too. And a bit more info on weather you can cut or not, is the corner round or does it tighten... But that's another story).

Regards,

A not very avid viewer but happened to stumble upon this episode.

Hi guys, i really admire you and respect your opinions/reviews for games/sims and hardware, but when i viewed this episode about wrc i said "this guys are joking"

there're only 3 words to review this game and they are " this game sucks"

and i´m not saying this from the point of view of a hardcore sim racer, just compare it to any other game and being in 2010 with all the technology, data aquisition, etc. they cannot just do such an terrible game.

dirt 2 is ten times better, and still arcadeish, can be playe with a controller, though with any wheel is decent to drive and tons of fun

dirt 1 9 times better.

richard burns is out scale of course

then in ps2, any sony franchised WRC, like WRC 5, WRC 4 are 10 times better in everything.

and i don´t remember any other decent rally games, but this one is ridiculous, i feel like they´ve played with the expectation of the WRC License, but as far as I racing game it´s sucks

i've havent seen one tight hairpin in the tarmac tracks, the only good side is the graphics and to a point... it´s 2010, if they cannot get good graphics at least.... keep doing the motorcycles games.

your review shouldn´t get even into 60 points in the scale

still lots of love to you guys and jessica of course.