Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2014 Wheel Settings

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I Have a real problem With my Wheel settings on my TS500RS F1 Wheel on the PC.

I Just cannot seem to get them right, i have never had any particular pronlemes on previous games, but on this the Wheel is just way to slow in angle rotation, or insanly fast.

The default settings is on 2% steering deadzone, the rest is at 0%. That alone is way to slow.

Then i have tried to correct both the linarity and saturation, but it just not right. Does not feel like i am driving, either the Wheel is way to fast 8 unreal feeling) or way to slow.

Really a bummer, since you cannot play it for real in this way.

Any help or advice, would be very welcome.

I´m running about 340 degrees of rotation and 14% saturation ingame,wheel matches perfectly with the one ingame.Anything else at 0%.The FFB settings are to everyones liking,though I kinda hate it in this game cause there is literally no FFB when understeering,which makes things unprecise and unexpectable.

Running the TX dont know about the differences if there are some at all.

I Have tried everything from 240-360`` Rotation in the TM Profiler.

And played around With both linarity, deadzone and saturation.

Still not even Close to a proper feel. In some corners it feels OK, but then in looking sweeping ones and hairpins the feeling is just bizzare.

Rotatiton: 240``

Deadzone now at 0%

Saturation at 45%

Linarity 35%

Have the tx Wheel aswell, but havent tried it out yet, but uses that om Fhorza Horizon 2, and With the F1 Wheel on the T500, it seems like a good fit. Functioned really good With just a few tweaks on F1 2012 and F1 2013. But here it seems I must start from scratch.

Really a bummer, codies havent checked this properly before realese, cause the default settings, really are not good...

I have thrustmaster TX ferrari 458 wheel. my settings for f1 2014 are

900 degrees all forces 100%

ingame

deadzone 0,25% (or something like that)

steering saturation 65%

others 0%

it works pretty good. Doing competitive lap times and it feels good.

What are your TM profile settings ?  I suggest no more than 360 degrees of rotation for F1 2014. Make sure your center spring is at 0 and damper no more than 5%

Darin what are your ingame settings for thrustmaster tx wheel? Do you think i should change my rotation down from 900 from TM settings?

Once I figured out below my times improved dramatically. In the top 5-10% in time trails.

Rotation: 900
Overall Strength: 75
Constant: 100
Periodic: 100
Spring: 0
Damper: 0
Auto-Center: by Game

Force feedback settings = 50/80/50

Advanced Options:
Steering Deadzone: 0%
Steering Saturation: 70% (270/900 = 30%) 100%-30% = 70%
Steering Linearity: 0
Throttle Deadzone: 0%
Throttle Saturation: 0%
Brake Deadzone: 0%
Brake Saturation: 0%

this game is garbage!!!  every year it gets worse and worse  2010 was the best  cannot get a g27 to feel right no matter what settings.codemasters always has had crappy steering  floaty  like driving a 40 ft boat  like toca 3  if a g27 don't work right its cuz this game is really made for controllers  and codemasters don't care about ppl with wheels   do not buy this if your thinking about it,get rfactor1 or 2 or iracing    gtr all titles are better the this codemaster JUNK

Sorry to bring up such an old thread, I didn't want to start another up to simply solve 1 issue.

Right now, I'm using the G27 on the console version of this game and while I've gotten the wheel to my liking, I haven't quite got the same with pedals. Basically, I'm having trouble figuring out how to adjust the sensitivity of the throttle. It kills me on Starts and on corner exit. Its similar story with F1 2013.