Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Career Mode

36 members have voted

1. 1. Career Mode

• Love It
    • Hate It
    • meh

16 posts in this topic

Exactly what I needed.

Yes,

It still has some issues, but it has become my new boredom breaker.

Hot lapping was boring, and if I want to have a real online race, then there really is only iRacing.

For you guys on managed servers, then good for you.

I personally can only take so much league racing. Not that I have a very good schedule to fit one anyway. 

Deep down I was hoping for something in-depth with team management akin to the first GRID game. 

Realistically I expected something more traditional with earning stars and money to unlock more cars and events.

In reality we got nothing more than some "Special Events" grouped together in locked tiers.

Despite the fact that the "Career" is very shallow and that you don't need to play it to unlock cars or events.  It's still more enjoyable than just randomly running hotlaps and single player races.   There is a small bit of satisfaction in working through the tiers and trying the different cars in preselected events.

I fear (or maybe hope) that the career in Project Cars will be more involved and engaging.  I fear it because that means I may need to buy another racing simulation.  And I hope for it because I may need to buy another racing simulation.  ;)

I must admit to being a little disappointed.  I love driving AC, hot lapping,etc.,  but for me iracing is the best option for online racing.  I was hoping the career mode in AC would provide the level of solo gaming experience I had in Forza but on the PC. For me that hasn't happened. Hopefully some future title will see the value of this aspect of the sim racing market on the PC.  Lots of folks on various forums have expressed the challenge of trying to be available each and every time a league event is scheduled.  For many of us, a solid career mode would be a way to stay involved in the face of limited and changing schedules.  I must admit, test sessions on iracing at least have the ability to Improve your chances the next time you enter an official race.  The AC career mode for me is a waste of time. No disrespect intended, just stating my opinion.....

I've also be disappointed with the lack of US servers.  However, I have had some great racing on some of the European servers.  The netcode is pretty solid for AC right now and even some of the cars with high pings (300-400) were moving predictably. 

I think AC will provide me with a great place to grab some pick up races.  My schedule these days makes league play a little tough to commit to so I was hoping for a my in depth Career.

I tried the career thing yesterday, with the Abarth (Fiat 500) two of the races are time trials, during those, I was stuck in front bumper cam, I couldn't switch to cockpit view at all. The one race against the ai was cockpit view.

I got past the Abarth and have no desire to continue as I see no point in doing so.

The rest of AC looks and feels good however. :)

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

I found that the camera gets out of whack when a replay camera is changed.

So I assigned a hot key for my view change.

The races start to get longer, and with a mix of different cars on the track.

Launch the KTM in 2nd, at full throttle.

I can almost cross the start line before pole does.

I've just found what I believe to be a glitch in Career mode, I'm now at level i2 and i3 I think they're called with the McLaren 12C and the Mercedes SLS and both times you have to race at Monza wherethe game decides to load a Ferrari 458 S3 with Slick Trofeo tires. How on earth do you win in a street car with semislicks?!lol I'm no where near fast enougH

If you are looking for more Championships to run the Downloads area of the Race Department website has some custom Career add-ons which add some championship seasons for some other cars.   These are easily editable if you want to change the unlock prerequisite or the AI difficulty and tracks.  

It got me thinking that what the game really needs is an easy way to create a custom championship right inside the game.   For now, these add-ons are pretty nice and easy to use.

The only thing really in my way of enjoying these is the ridiculous way my windscreen shatters at the slightest bump in the rear.

I've just found what I believe to be a glitch in Career mode, I'm now at level i2 and i3 I think they're called with the McLaren 12C and the Mercedes SLS and both times you have to race at Monza wherethe game decides to load a Ferrari 458 S3 with Slick Trofeo tires. How on earth do you win in a street car with semislicks?!lol I'm no where near fast enougH

I never did pay that much attention.

No wonder I can't seem to catch them things.

I do remember that if you get a good launch, and then skim past the others and brake late, you can end up going through the chicane with the third place car(Ferrari), and assidentaly bump him out :mrgreen: .

I jumped back into the career again now that the windshield is fixed.   I seem to remember doing the first half dozen or more series without too much trouble on the default 98% difficulty but I just struggled to complete the AT1 series (458 Stage 3) with the AI at 94%.  I even had to lower the last race to 92% to ensure I was able to score enough points.  And I barely got 31 points to complete the series. 

I hate the fact that I've been sim racing pretty seriously since 2001 and I still struggle to  win.   Seems like I should be better than that by now.   I'm generally in the top 30% on speed online and most sims I can complete without too much of a struggle but this game seems to be a real challenge for me.   Anyone else having the same issues?  What AI difficulty are you using and if you tried the AT1 series how did it go?