Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrustmaster T300 RS User Reviews

4 posts in this topic

This thread has been created for you the end user of a Thrustmaster T300 RS to post your thoughts, impressions and overall review of this item just like if you bought it on Amazon and posted a review on their site. This thread is for REVIEWS ONLY !  All other posts and or replies will be deleted. 

We'd also like you to rate this thread to score your product and it will hopefully give this wheel an overall community score. Please don't rate the thread unless you own this product, rate your hardware so that others can get an idea of how this product scores by hearing how it performs for you.  You can rate the wheel by clicking on the stars in the upper left of this thread. We know the score won't be perfect because anyone with a wheel or not can score it so put your score in the post as well.

I've also provided a template for your review to fill in the blanks or you can create one from scratch on your own. Help the community decide if this is a product they would like to purchase based on your feedback!  - Thanks

Product:

Date Purchased:

Packaging:

First Impressions:

Performance:

Wheel Rim Impressions:

Buttons (placement, amount and quality):

Shifters:

Pedals (if included):

Used with (PC, PS3, PS4, XBox, etc):

Racing titles played:

Force Feedback Settings / Suggestions:

Customer Service:

Issues:

Overall score (out of 5)

Product: Thrustmaster T300RS

Date Purchased: September 24th 2014

Date Arrived : September 26th 2014

Packaging:

Came in a box with the usual product promotional info and photos and arrived in good condition. Came by road freight about 1140 km / 709 miles.

First Impressions:

No prancing horse on my wheel, the Italians make great cars and great racing sims but I kida like the neutrality. Having upgraded to this wheel from a Logitech G27 I like that the base is only marginally larger which meant there was no need to alter the physical placement of my setup at all.

I only use the PC for my racing so the PS3/4 compatability whilst I'm sure will be a big selling point for the T300RS was for me not the reason to purchase it. What was the reason was the smaller form factor combined with some state of the art features at this level like Brushless motors, hall sensor tech and improved belt drive system.

As a note to anyone clamping the base to a desk as I do, I found the clamp supplied to be rock solid and more secure than the G27's clamp which is pretty good anyway.

Performance:

Outstanding really impressed with the lack of loose feel (dead zone) around the center of the wheel, the lack of any rattling and grinding sounds and the incredible feed back provided. I can really feel the cars weight transfer, grip levels on the edge and the wheel just gives me a feel for what the cars diong way before the G27 ever did.

Wheel Rim Impressions:

I like the feel of the wheel it feels about the same, diameter wise, as the G27 not a lot more comfortable than the G27's leather covered wheel but it fills my hands a little better and is never something on my mind when driving which to me is the bottom line.

Buttons (placement, amount and quality):

I have pretty average hands and don't have problems reaching the 9 buttons and a hat switch on the wheel. There are also 2 programable buttons on the base itself. The buttons and hat switch all feel of good quality to me.

Shifters:

Paddle shifters are easy to find at all times and I like how they are black it just looks better to me. There is good solid contact and click to them so I'm hopeful of good longevity there.

Pedals (if included):

I use my modded G27 pedals with this wheel so I have not used the supplied set.

Used with (PC, PS3, PS4, XBox, etc):

PC

Racing titles played:

By far the most use with Assetto Corsa and a short stint with iRacing

Force Feedback Settings / Suggestions:

The default gain setting for this wheel is 75% and I suspect this gives you the most linear output although I can't confirm this at this stage. However if your into Assetto Corsa at all you should check out Atle Dreier's force feedback anti - clipping tool.

I have found using the above tool/app maximises the car feel and force feedback in general brilliantly and not just on the T300RS.   

Customer Service:

No need of this so far, touch wood.

Issues:

This wheel as I mentioned above has no rattling or grinding sounds but it does have a thermostatically controlled fan built into the base. I don't find this to be a noise issue but some have refered to it on earlier models from Thrustmaster. For me on this T300RS it seems to come on about five minutes into driving and stops about the 20 minute mark after driving. It's something I can't hear when driving through speakers or headphones anyway.

Overall score (out of 5)

Early days but I like it a lot .......... 5

Product:Thrustmaster T300RS

Date Purchased:in beginning of October 14

Packaging:Very well.Came in a double box in perfect conditions.

First Impressions:nice looking rim with Ferrari horse on it :cool: and not adequate pedals :shock:

Performance:very impresed ,best FFB i ever tried i had  g25 and g27 before and must say that t300 is way smother ,quitter,faster  and stronger in delivering FFB.i was worried about the noise and duration of fan but when i driving i dont hear it after it goes off in 5 -20 min.depends of the duration of racing session.

Wheel Rim Impressions:nice rim will see how durable is.

Buttons (placement, amount and quality):all buttons have nice click and seem durable. no problem for reach 

Shifters:none looking to buy one

Pedals (if included): looks like toy compared to the wheel after week of use i bought a t500 pedals

Used with (PC, PS3, PS4, XBox, etc):PC

Racing titles played:Assetto Corsa ,R3E,Grid autosport,Project Cars

Force Feedback Settings / Suggestions: i have it set it to 85% gain , i like the feeling :mrgreen: , no cliping, t300 is stronger then g25,27

Customer Service:not needed

Issues:none

Overall score (out of 5)3,5 because of pedals with t500 pedals is 5. i really dont miss g27 , must say it is nice upgrade ,t500 pedals are better also.with basher mod i hope i have years of joy ahead.

Product: Thrustmaster T300 GTE

Date Purchased: 27 May 2015

Packaging: Overall pretty nicely packed although there wasn't very much bubble wrap or peanuts or anything like that inside the box. Unit seemed well protected though.

First Impressions: I was surprised at the size and weight of the wheel base itself and the weight and feel of the GTE rim.

Performance: Amazing. Coming from a G27, I knew it would be a big jump in terms of FFB, but what has amazed me the most is the smoothness and precision of the wheel. I can literally use every millimetre of the road now, it's almost like the wheel reads my mind as to exactly where I want to place the car. The FFB is great too and a lot more detailed than the G27. All the bumps are more noticeable but the biggest change I have found is when the car becomes "light". The way that is transferred into the palms of your hands is supreme. As I mentioned before, the smoothness of the wheel is absolutely gobsmacking. There is no friction or notchiness, the wheel just moves like a charm. All this translates into a more engaging experience, and I found myself just being able to complete lap after lap, improving my lap times each time and just being able to enjoy the driving like never before.

Wheel Rim Impressions: Fantastic. The rim has a nice weight to it, and the Ferrari branding is cool. The size is the same as a G27 which I like, and coming from the leather wheel of the G27, I actually prefer the rubber texture of the T300. You may think that for the price, the rim should be wrapped in a higher quality material, but the rubber isn't a cheap rubber, it's quality and has a great feel.

Buttons (placement, amount and quality): I love the button layout and labelling. All buttons are easily accessible whilst driving and have a nice feel when pressed. Couldn't ask for anything more here.

Shifters: I was a bit underwhelmed actually when I first tried them. The actual paddles are metal and have a nice feel to them, but I think the feel when they are pressed is a little cheap feeling. They feel light almost when pressed- it's sort of hard to explain, but I would prefer if there was more resistance or if the paddles were stiffer to press. Nevertheless they have a nice click and short travel which I like. I found with the G27 paddles, often I may miss downshifts if I tried to do them quickly due to the long travel of the paddles, but with the GTE rim, this never happens.

Pedals (if included): I didn't expect much after reading other people's reviews but honestly they aren't too bad. To me they are comparable to an unmodded set of G27 pedals, minus the clutch. I was previously using a set of GTEYE modded G27 pedals, so going back to a brake pedal without progressive resistance is a bit of a weird feeling. I actually prefer the throttle pedal of the T300 pedals though, it has a nice smooth feel to it. The extra bits of resolution over the G27 pedals help as well. Overall they are decent, but the biggest problem is the lack of any progression on the brake pedal. I found trail-braking to be quite difficult as a result. I will probably order a converter shortly though so I can use my modded G27 pedals with the T300, and they also will have 10 bits of resolution as well when connected to the T300.

Used with (PC, PS3, PS4, XBox, etc): PS3

Racing titles played: Mainly Gran Turismo 5/6 and also a bit of F1 2014 so far. I'm looking forward to trying it with PCARS in the coming weeks.

Force Feedback Settings / Suggestions: N/A

Customer Service: N/A

Issues: I had a slight problem initially with the rim becoming loose after a few laps, despite being attached properly, but this seems to have sorted itself know.

Overall score (out of 5) 4

The T300 is definitely worth the asking price and is a significant upgrade over the Logitech G27. With strong FFB, insane smoothness, incredible precision and compatibility across multiple systems, the only issues holding this wheel back from perfection are the pedal set and the paddle shifters.