Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maybe a dumb question.

33 posts in this topic

Hey Paul, you need one or the other not both but here's why... rf2 is obviously still releasing new builds every so often. Sometimes you may wish to do a fresh install instead of simply updating to the next build. Over time you are going to accumulate lots of cars, tracks and mods - these will all go into your Packages folder and then installed using the Mod Manager. With a new install you can keep your large Packages folder and simply download the newest core build - these have no content, just the game.

So on your very first download you may wish to DL either as the larger one is going to include some content,all of which you can download separately though, but if and when it comes time to install a fresh build just use the small base core and when you fire it up point it to your Packages folder, where ever you chose to put that.

Bailey

not getting it bailey, but it is late and ive been working today, close approaching 24 hours with no sleep, maybe we could teamview and you could do it for me, all the best cars and tracks, thankyou ever so much, your a star...          on a serious note I love it, looks and feels better than the demo, looks like I found another sim to try and juggle.

rFactor 2 Lite: Just the core game. Includes NO Cars and Tracks

rFactor 2 Content: Includes the core game and the cars listed below.

You can download either the Lite or Content installation, depending on what you want. YOU DON'T NEED BOTH, JUST ONE! If you want the full package I recommend the Content.

Either way, you'll install the other cars and tracks from http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/.

Once you have the content downloaded, you drop them into Documents/rFactor2/Packages folder. Then, you boot up the rFactor 2 launcher, and open the mod manager. Then, you install the mod, and you'll be set!

Hope this helps!

ignore most of these posts above, they are just the ramblings of a madman who is finding his way aound a new sim, I just drove around the nords, I like this sim.... :)   I'm getting my content by joining online races and downloading from there.

Paul, If the sound issue is with ISI content then something is missing/corrupt. You can validate your install first (I think it's either the Advanced or Update tab) to insure the game does not have an issue.

Also, when looking in the Mod Manager make sure all the little boxes at the top are ticked so that you know all components are visible to you.

Double check to ensure that all components do indeed say Installed. 

In the future, if you need to reinstall all the items in your Packages folder due to a fresh install etc. you can select them all CTRL+A and then Install.

I typically had new members install the game and ISI content first, boot it up and make sure it ran as expected (notice I didn't say perfectly, lol).

Then we tackled 3rd party mods. 

I'll also mention that just like AC, rf2 has had several versions of their mods released so when trying to race online you must have the exact same version (MidOhio v1.9 would not work on a server running MidOhio v2.0 obviously). Which is probably what most would expect anyway.

Bailey

You're missing sounds because you didn't download the content you're looking for from the site I linked to you a few posts up ;)

I see the only vintage car you have properly installed is the Brabham... 

This may help: http://rfactor.net/web/docs/adding-content-carstracks/

I downloaded them I just cant figure out how to install.

nevermind the tech side, I got plenty of cars and tracks to tool around  on, spent 2 days racing and scratching my head over issue's ( all of my own doing) and ive had a great time, so do I need to do a fresh install to get my engine noise back?

I can't remember exactly Paul, but I think rF2 only supports 4 or 5 USB devices.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why ISI is limiting USB devices in this day and age, AC doesn't, iRacing doesn't so why they did this is beyond my scope of understanding their logic

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

well I only got my wheel and pedals hooked up so theres 2 usb, the third usb is my keyboard ? great drive though, shame its ruined by all the faffing around.  I downloaded the blaincpan series earlier only to have all cars again with no engine noise??, am I right in assuming that downloading mods from multiplayer lobbies is not the best idea, if so anybody got a link to the good stuff?,