Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carrera Cup 2015: Archive (rFactor, Flat6 Enduracers)

671 posts in this topic

SORRY LARS!

Today, I made mistakes that were all my fault and absolutely unecessary, I failed as hard as last year. Worse than Toby Davis.

Sorry to all involved, should have been easy driving to two Top 10 results...

After winning one race and getting a podium on this season, I should have ended this season on a much higher note.

SHOULD!!!

Q: yay, was an okay lap after a bit of a meh session.

R1: was good fun, tried to stay out of trouble, was pushing hard and the car sped up for me towards the end. had an incident with Tobias, not really sure what happened but I have my opinion. tried to hold off ruud but wasn't possible and brought home 7th (same result as last year, thought at that point "Am I going to finish higher than 7th at Bathurst?!")

R2: umm, scared isn't the word. was pushing so hard, as usual too hard! was hoping Pipo could hold off Kappet but I don't think it was as easy as that. Kappet caught up, inevitably, I defended for a few corners and after that I thought I could maybe do it, then made a defending error into Turn 2, tried to hold it on the outside as I felt strong there but the car wasn't up to it. from then on in I just had to hold on as hard as I could, was trying so hard and just about managed it. sorry to those guys behind me if I was too hard in defending but I was really pushing hard.

Thanks for a fun season,

Matt

Decent enough results tonight, have been struggling with a cold and torn hamstring all week, so wasn't expecting much. Qualie went quite well, got 5.3 easily and was 0.45s up on the next lap, which would've been a nice little surprise, but fluffed it at the esses.

The race was OK, risto was slow initially but pulled away. I was in a nice position with Chris tail gunning (although with pipo behind Chris wasn't feeling so safe) apart from a lapped car nothing major happened.

Race 2 was a bit more lively. Good start but nowhere to move, however picked up a few spots when others made errors. (And when risto pushed chris into the wall) was behind matt in the final laps and going much faster, but it was a big risk to attack as I remembered our 'battle' at trois rivieres in vtm, and as 2nd place in the series wasn't guaranteed I thought it best to ease off and take the points. Ruud had a go on the final lap but the place was mine.

Overall, I'm disappointed with my performances as I dropped way too many points. Oran was a disaster, qualie at sandown was terrible, and incidents out of my control prevented a bigger points haul at hidden valley. However, I got a couple of wins and a few podiums, plus raced extremely well without being involved in any incidents. I beat a few guys who are much more highly-rated than me, and this is the 4th time I've finished in the top 3 of a tps championship, and I doubt many would've picked me to finish 2nd this season. First championship with thr went quite well and despite more prestigious team-mates, I was almost always stronger come race day.

Thanks to Ryan, rob, john & Keith for the broadcasts and hopefully I'll be back racing here in the near future.

Well done to risto on a deserved championship, and congrats to ruud on finishing 3rd.

Sad to miss a race because of work, while testing 05 low's werent hard to get at all.. Maybe some day in future going to get my chance :)

Gratzz to Risto ;) Raced with him before and he's from another world.

Any chances that broadcast gonna be in YouTube?!

Q: Not going to tell you how much i was off my PB but it was not one of my finest sessions lol but hard track and still pole so forgiven myself

R1: Was important to get a good start and first laps to break the tow. I had no intentions to take any risks at all this race so i was a tad slow until i got in contact with the flow. Ross was hanging around for some laps but then i went. 

Fastest lap of 2.04.408 should not be bad at all, felt amazing to just get the times with smooth driving while giving walls respect. Pushed until the end to have a race worthy of taking the championship!

R2: Coming from 8th did not plan to have an easy one, got a position from the start but slotted back behind Pipo. Take this as a joke but with your incidents lately i did not feel bad being behind you instead of ahead :D

Sure enough few drivers dropped off from ahead. Had Ross behind me, must say my excuses for having bad pace but luckily he seemed to trust me that i will get my act together and move forwards so he felt no need to push me too hard and so it was. There was an allmighty hustle ahead so got into the pack around The Chase and into last turn.

Was slowed down by cars ahead but sticked to the inside line, Mr.Hack got besides me, we were side-by-side into last corner, i had best intentions to leave room and did so, but hugged the inside too much and got a slide on the inside curb, had to turn right for a second to corrigate and that was enough to put Chris into barriers in the most inconvinient fashion that made him lose the front bumper and so on. Very sorry man, hope it didnt hinder you too much. I should not have been that greedy for position in such a stage but i cant help it lol.

From some point I had sustained damage so was not going to go as fast as in R1 but although this track is generally hard to pass at, picking off single targets on the long straights is not hard. Did so for P1 at around half distance and then it was onwards to finish for another clean sweep.

I might be a bit biased since this is my first such competetive season but i totally loved this car and the combos. Feeling the RR-layout work and pushing it feels like magic.

Although I cant remember my words I think i covered all feelings towards the championship on the stream. Very grateful for all the competitors for the...competition (I can easily fill all my 10 fingers with fast drivers whos speed I respect and can fear), admins for this great league and work and ofcourse I would not be here if i was not picked up and motivated by Walk Racing. As i said, now that I have measured myself in a respectable league and drivers such as this, i can plan and embark on further simracing doings with the team.

Good luck to everyone who was involved in this and see you on and around tracks elsewhere!

That was a fun one to attend :). I've set the bar low for myself, as I had very slim experience with the flat6, so my main goal was just to finish the race and enjoy the ride - with the main opponents being the track and the walls (the latter attempted some sketchy moves at me).

Was not able to set a time in Q, as I was literally almost asleep (being tired and finishing the recovery from a week-long sickness I took a semi-planned napped and joined the server just in time).

That meant starting R1 from the penultimate place, which was perfect, as I needed some time to focus and didn't want to make any mistakes while trying to battle. It was "Low Effort Racing" for a few laps, when I was just going slower than usual and still trailing just behind the cars in front, picked some positions when others crashed out and finally a wall decided to take a lunge at me and I've spun in the esses. Continued in a battered car, which refused to turn @ around 200kph due to missing aero, but managed to bring home P16 (which was a bit ridiculous, even with such a small grid :)).

R2 was even more ridiculous, as I've missed the grid after last-minute catching up with the chat (stupid decision) and had to start from the pit lane. This meant +1 minute from the very start, but I just continued, managed to avoid walls this time around and brought home P13. Way better than anything I planned on :)

In conclusion: Bathurst 1 : Me 2 (I count my battered car in R1 as a draw ;)).

Well done Risto, good job on winning the title!

I love the mod, if it wasn't run on Saturdays (or Sundays for that matter) I would run it every time possible, but at least I got one event in :)

Well that's all she wrote. What a great season. Big congratulations to Risto! There's no question the best driver won the title.

Sure, there was the whole Heinemann fiasco which left Risto largely unchallenged for the title, but it then created the situation where each round was its own separate battle, which made this season intriguing to watch. Seven different race winners!

Here are the final standings after Bathurst.

q2pmNR.png

Au0LCr.png

Well done to everyone who competed this season. Hopefully the VCC will be back after the break so I can join in the fun :)

Who would have thought before the season that Cosmo Autosport ties with Spade Racing in the teams standings? :P

We're just that good with these Beetles. ;) Funny enough, that's equal to our best Teams' standings finish ever! Massive thanks to Mr. Jacobs for all the work he's one this season. I can't thank him enough! :)

Oh and just to reiterate: We beat Spade, 3 Walk Racing outfits, Optimum, ICR2, Ghostspeed, Positive, YTF1&2, and All. 5 Smile. Teams

With one driver.

I think a certain Mike Bell will be jealous. :P

Round 7 Hidden Valley

Race 1

Pipo Rodrigues: 8 points, 1 endorse

Lap 1, contact Heesterbeek

Rodrigues runs into T1 too hot, hitting Heesterbeek and causing carnage behind. Mitigating circumstance of Heesterbeek's car being at a worse angle than normal due to collision with Hack, which means Pipo is not awarded two endorsements. There is no doubt he would have careered into Heesterbeek either way.

Tobias Olsson: 4 points, 1 endorse

Lap 1, contact Holm

Olsson runs in to T1 too hot hitting Holm. Siggy also does this but as it is Olsson who hits Holm without assistance from Siggy, he is penalised. He is only penalised four points, as Holm was not cost any positions, only damage.

Kevin Siggy: 8 points, 1 endorse

Lap 8. contact Brewster

Siggy gets his braking all wrong and cannons into Brewster, causing significant damage and time loss. It is each driver's responsibility to control their car sufficiently safely.

Race 2

No penalties applied.

Round 8 Bathurst

Race 1

Pipo Rodrigues: 8 points, 1 endorse

Contact Siggy, lap 1

Rodrigues runs too deep into turn two, bumping Siggy out of the way and down the field.

Miguel Cardoso: 4 points, 1 endorse

Contact Holm, lap 1

Cardoso runs into the back of Holm at T4, costing him a position.

Kevin Siggy: 4 points, 1 endorse

Bump-drafting Holm, lap 6

Bump-drafting is illegal, and the incident immediately following epitomises why.

Race 2

David Jundt: 8 points, 1 endorse

Lap 1, contact Brugman

Jundt runs too deep into the 'Chase' hitting Brugman down the order.