Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Special Event - iRacing Driver Swap Endurance Race

47 posts in this topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2UkywPl-Gw

If you watched our current video or read our blog, together with iRacing, we will be hosting our next special event. It will be an officially sanctioned iRacing event with Safety Rating and iRacing on the line and it will be using their new driver swap functionality. We'd like you to help us decide some of the logistics of this very special event. Please reply with the following info on how you would like to see this race run. 

Distance / Length of Race: 

Track:

Cars:

Minimum amount of drivers per team:

Per the piece I did, I'm leaning towards 12 Hours at Daytona with the HPD and a GT3 car and a minimum of 3 drivers per team.  

What would you like to see ?

We will have prizes for this race and hope to see it broadcast as well. Hope you can join us !

Finally a true endurance race :) I've got a few ideas

Distance / Length of Race: 10 hours/1600km

Track: Road Atlanta

Cars: HPD, Ford GT

Minimum amount of drivers per team: 3

or 

Distance / Length of Race: 12 hours

Track: Bathurst

Cars: GT3 cars

Minimum amount of drivers per team: 3

hi all,

this looks to be very intresting! and i will be there i would like to see........

duration-12hours

track-spa or virgina (i know vir is not a popular track,but from a drivers view its one of the more challenging tracks=FUN)

cars gt3,lotus 49&79,or a open wheeler multiclass skippy,fw31,49&79 etc etc

drivers-min 2 max 5

just my opinions i will be happy to race with any car track combo.

thanks

jon

Maybe just to make sure the iRacing driver swap thing works flawlessly and so on.

As a intro to endurance racing........

4 hour race

Mixed classes, maybe follow one of IMSA's series?

Track: a REAL road course please, (I hate oval tracks that make pretend to be a road course by putting in a infield), best bet would be a long track, Road America, Spa, Suzuka, Okayama long, etc

Min drivers: 2, max 4

Just my thoughts.

I probably wouldn't race in this, I have trouble going over 1/2 hour... after that it's....... I gotta go pee! LOL it's that old age thing! :P

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

PS, have a longer endurance race at a later date, once everything is proven to work properly?

Per the piece I did, I'm leaning towards 12 Hours at Daytona with the HPD and a GT3 car and a minimum of 3 drivers per team.  

What would you like to see ?

We will have prizes for this race and hope to see it broadcast as well. Hope you can join us !

I do like this suggestion...a lot.

Another one I really want to do is a GT3 race at Bathurst cause that race was epic last year and it's my favorite/best track.

Distance / Length of Race: 6 hours

Track: Bathurst

Cars: GT3

Minimum amount of drivers per team: 2

**Aussie friendly time (which sometimes requires creative scheduling)**

This is great news  :D

Yeah, Spa would be great, Brands Hatch and Seabring would be great choices too. GT3 is a must of course.

Better start with 6h, let the 12h and 24h for later when teams a drivers are better organized.

How are communications managed? Team channels? spotting must be team made or you can have the official spotter?

I hate driving assists so I suggest:

Distance / Length of Race: 6 hours (any longer and 2 drivers won't be enough)

Track: Sebring night (best night track so far)

Cars: Daytona prototype + ruff C spec (any other car without assists is ok too)

Minimum amount of drivers per team: 2 (big teams just reduces the amount of entries)

Now I would love it if iracing proves me wrong but I think it won't be bug free in time for this race. I mean just look how many times they had to fix a simple thing like the pit speed limiter.

I completely agree with mertol about driving assists.  I suggest full-length Bathurst 1000

Distance / Length of Race:  161 laps / 6h 30m

Track: Mount Panorama

Cars: Ford, Holden V8 supercars

Minimum amount of drivers per team: 2

An endurance at Bathhurst would be a killer on safety rating

I'd go with an unusual mix of cars that could race against each other, something like:

Cadillac vs BMW

SRF vs MX-5

Brands Hatch GP circuit would be fun for an endurance event.  It's a circuit that's short enough for folks to learn but is a track that you have to keep your wits about you.

Interlagos is a very nice track, that first corner though can cause chaos with late brakers who lock up and rear end you

I think you should include the Cadillac Darin with the GT3 cars, since the NTM update that car is a lot of fun to drive now and it's free so you won't be excluding folks.

Interlagos is a very nice track, that first corner though can cause chaos with late brakers who lock up and rear end you

I think you should include the Cadillac Darin with the GT3 cars, since the NTM update that car is a lot of fun to drive now and it's free so you won't be excluding folks.

We could do that but would the Caddy keep up ?  It would be scored in the same division.