Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Episode 83: F1 2010 Review on PS3

28 posts in this topic

So ... I've spent a bit of time with F1 2010 on my PS3 ... mostly doing time trials. I have a few complaints at this point. Maybe someone here can help me if I'm doing something wrong.

I was experimenting with my brakes the other day (no assists) and decided to try an lock them up before a turn-in. They wouldn't lock up in a straight line. Only when I turned the wheels into the corner would they lock up. Seems highly unrealistic for an F1 car. The other problem I'm having with my brakes is the lack of tire noise. I need an audible cue for when I should be easing up on my brake pedal.

I decided to try an online race a few days ago. I'd been trying set-ups on a Mclaren while doing my TT's and of course when I finally tried a race I found myself sitting in a Sauber (not by choice of course). Well, I figured I'd try my favorite set-up and see if it would work for me. Needless to say, in turn #1 I felt like a fish out of water. What is the sense in creating set-ups and testing if you don't get to choose your favorite ride when you go online?

I really miss a Papyrus style U.I. in this game ... is it just me?