Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt 3 now crashes. error in thread

7 posts in this topic

so my dirt 3 has always worked, until recently. I dont know if they added a patch or what but now it crashes at the endof a race or if i hit restart. the error is:

sendto failed with error 10038: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.

I looked online and found people  running x sim had this problem but i dont have x sim

It is the motion simulator and telemetry bug. They introduced the bug in version 1.2

Are you using anything like FanaLEDs, SymProjects, SimXperience? anything that uses telemetry will cause it to crash.

You can turn off motion in the hardware config file in Documents\Codemasters\Dirt3\hardwaresettings\hardware_settings_config.xml

Set it to <motion enabled="false" ip="dbox" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="0" />

Yup. Sim commander uses the motion data for the transducers so it has the same bug.

You can get it going, I have got mine going with Sim Vibe, Symprojects, FanaLEDs and my GS-4 seat. All of them use the motion and telemetry setting which is bugged but you can get them going, it just takes a fair bit of work and some workarounds.

I have hassled the codemasters devs a few times and I don't think they will ever fix it.

Thank you Avenga!

I looked all over google for weeks for a fix for this with no luck. This fixed my problem with error 10038. I'm running Sim commander with a butt kicker. This disables the butt kicker but at least I can play the game with no crash.

Thanks,

Jeff.