Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WRC 2015 - No longer with Milestone

4 posts in this topic

UK based publisher Big Ben owns the WRC licence... and it appears they have pushed Milestone off the job.

French Article via Google Translate

Kylotonn Games who's last game was "Truck Racer".  Looks like shovelware.  And media sources did a review of this game, there's zero scores listed on Metacritic.  Oh I hope they take this licence seriously.  Even if it's not a RBR quality sim... hopefully it will be enjoyable.

Other notes... Will be based on the 2015 season and released in 2015, so they're skipping a year.  Created for Xbox One, PS4 & PC.

Another article I found mentions that a WRC 2014 portable game (3DS, iOS & Android) is being developed by Firebrand Games, who has done some good handheld games (Race Driver: Create & Race on DS was pretty well done).

It can't be any worse than WRC4. That thing is a buggy mess and a really bad PC port. It doesn't even support separate wheels and pedals plus it doesn't have force feedback on some wheels (like my CSW) and then to get a set of pedals going you need to switch the pedals to combined axis (Because that is what an Xbox controller uses and nobody could be bothered changing that)

I have tried WRC4 and the only way I can play it is with an Xbox controller so if Milestone care that little about PC gamers then good riddance to them. WRC4 has got to be one of the worst console ports I have played so lets hope that this new company does a better job.