Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GT6 physics is still simcade

3 posts in this topic

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-physics-poll.312945/

Will GT physics ever become a simulation?

Why we are not able to adjust positive camber angle?

Why there is no tire air pressure simulation in GT?

Why there is no option to turn off all undocumented AIDS?

Why cars in GT have unrealistically big understeer on the limit?

I've noticed that the physics in GT are different for each car, or type of car. Take a stock street car for example. It handles very close to the way the real one does. Modified or race cars however, seem to be tweaked to the dev's vision of what the car should handle like. Of course this is theory, as I have zero experience in a real race car. But in PC sims, the physics environment seems the same regardless of the car you're in. Console sims are a good way to get started in sim racing, if you already have access to a console. But console sims will never compete at the level PC sims do. There just isnt enough power under the hood. 

console games COULD be written to be more simulation, but its for sales reasons. Its designed so people can pick up a dpad consoler and go playing a game. no FFB of wheel and pedals to have to set up , even though the option is there to add wheel pedals.

I watched a bloke at a shop playing GT5 on ps4 with a dpad and he was telling me how good the game is and car handling is while he was using a controller. Then I showed him a picture and video of my setup. He was slightly speechless and then said its great but too much for him.

I have friends whom play Grid Autosport on a dpad and they find it near impossible to go to a wheel. They just want to play.

Its for sales, nothing really more.

If GT games were ported to PC, then yes, maybe more features could be optioned in.