Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will rFactor 2 Live up to rF1's Legacy?

8 posts in this topic

You didn't mention graphics.  The progress\improvement between rFactor and rFactor 2 graphic capabilities (as of current) is poor.  Also related, is the competition, Assetto Corsa has the graphics and the mod capabilities.  I think it's going to be tough for rFactor 2 to keep the "sim racing mod heaven" crown.

My opinion on this is no, rFactor-2 will not see the success that rFactor-1 did and my reasoning on this is a matter of timing.

When rFactor-1 came out, it was the latest and greatest out there, everyone was WOW'ed by it and the modding community started supporting it thus why it was so popular, buy the sim and download pretty much any track or car your heart desires and have a lot of fun for just the price of the sim.

Now with rFactor-2, there is a LOT of competition out there for it, Assetto Corsa probably being it's biggest rival and already, the modding community has jumped on the AC modding band wagon.

Let's not forget, rFactor-2 has been a beta for over 2 years!!!!! what is taking so long to get a finished product?

Also, I bought the 1 year online version of rFactor-2 when it was first released, had to pay another $50 to get the lifetime thing, to me this was a rip off considering rFactor-1 didn't have this, Assetto Corsa doesn't have this and so on.

I've stopped playing both rFactor-2 and Assetto Corsa until they become final released products. I'm just tired of the constant changes to the titles, I just want to get the finished product and use it and enjoy it, not pay to beta test it.

The only thing keeping rFactor-2 alive I think is it's loyal fan base (many from rFactor-1), it's kind of a brand loyalty thing.... in ISI we trust kind of thing. LOL

Many leagues are using rFactor-2 so that's a plus for it and maybe it's savior.

At this time, I can't say I'm impressed by either rFactor-2 or Assetto Corsa, they are both still in development, when they are a final product, I'll give them another try and see then. :)

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

One of my concerns is that one of rFactor 2's major trump cards over AC at the moment is the "advanced tire mode", but now Kunos is looking to potentially one-up them, with an even more advanced tire model, potentially coming this week? Looks like we have a battle on our hands!

Agreed William, don't forget, Kunos did NetKarPro, it had the best tire model then, it's physics were also very good, unfortunately, the user interface was pathetic and for me, the sim was unstable (crashed a lot), but it was quite good, too bad it never really took off.

As I said before, I'm waiting to both titles to announce they now have a finished product, then I'll give them another try. :)

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

I have to say, as far as intensity goes, and great car like "senseation" of speed and power, there are some aspects of RF2 that are better then those in AC. i just feel that sometime the cars in AC are lacking in the actual "grunt" or and feedback.

But thats just my experience after driving quite a lot of sports cars in real life.

Great review by the way will.