Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detailed T300RS written review by citizengaming

9 posts in this topic

While we await Darin's epic video review of this wheel, I wanted to share a recent written review I just stumbled upon (I've been searching for a long time for any kind of a review). So for anyone interested, I've linked to the review here:

http://www.citizengame.co.uk/Review-detail/thrustmaster-t300-rs-wheel-accessories

I'm even more curious to hear what Darin has to say now.

I just glossed over it and it's a great review from what I read. Mine will be coming soon. Going to do a video on it with the PS3 and then another with the PC.

That review states that the fan hardly comes on. My TX fan comes on after about 5 minutes of use, If you (Darin) were not already going to mention anything about that in your review, I would be interested in knowing if that is a difference between the T300 and the TX.

Yeah the t300rs seems to be improved the tx as one would expect. My only issue with the review was the author seems to disregard the value of money at times. I.e the pedals suck but no big deal, just go buy the t3Pa pedals for an extra 90 pounds and be on your way. However, the positive sentiment of the review despite that to me suggests that the wheel alone is the 399 dollar price tag and is apparently still worth it despite the pedals. I question whether that is really true and hopefully Darin's review covers this topic of what he feels the raw value of the wheel alone is vs what raw value the pedals add, if any to the package.

While we await Darin's epic video review of this wheel, I wanted to share a recent written review I just stumbled upon (I've been searching for a long time for any kind of a review). So for anyone interested, I've linked to the review here:

http://www.citizengame.co.uk/Review-detail/thrustmaster-t300-rs-wheel-accessories

I'm even more curious to hear what Darin has to say now.

First hello.. :) second i can tell you my thrustmaster t300rs wheel and th8a shifter just arrived ( t3pa pedals on the way ) just in time for the crews second beta and being a g25 user for so many years i can say this wheel feels very alien to me so far

( compared to the g25s very raw feel < i liked it very much ) feels almost to smooth, im sorry but im finding it very hard to explain, im def! not saying thats a bad thing more just id like to hear from someone like darin so i can get more of a understanding of this wheel :)

That review states that the fan hardly comes on. My TX fan comes on after about 5 minutes of use, If you (Darin) were not already going to mention anything about that in your review, I would be interested in knowing if that is a difference between the T300 and the TX.

Hi, i can tell you the fan from playing the crew beta for a few hours and rfactor for about a hour, the fan... well on mine kicked in.. in about id say 20-30 mins, was it loud, not really but it was def cranking as when the fans not running there is pretty much no noise unless you let go of the wheel, then you hear the motors doing there thing but again im waiting for darins review so i myself can get a better understanding of wheel from someone who really knows the in and outs.. cheers

Thanks for the feedback. So since you also swapped out the original pedals, that leaves the question: Do you feel the wheel + the default pedals are worth the price tag? I mean if everyone has to dump the original pedals for something else it basically equates to one spending 399 for just the wheel pretty much, which is a bit of a tough ask no?

Thanks for the feedback. So since you also swapped out the original pedals, that leaves the question: Do you feel the wheel + the default pedals are worth the price tag? I mean if everyone has to dump the original pedals for something else it basically equates to one spending 399 for just the wheel pretty much, which is a bit of a tough ask no?

it is very pricey.. here in australia ( and i did buy through cheapest place i could find ) wheel, shifter and extra 3 pedal set cost me $917, def upthere but from the short time iv had to used it, so far iv felt iv got my moneys worth