Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT 2

21 posts in this topic

Just tried the DiRT 2 demo, and I was real impressed with the tight force feedback! Its real strong in this one...made for some nice realistic handling in this off-road sim. Shaun and Darin- try this demo out with the Fanatec wheel! I'm betting its superb!

'Dox

We tried a version at E3 with full motion !!

We'll be doing a full review on it soon . Looks like I need to go download the demo !!

Just tried the DiRT 2 demo, and I was real impressed with the tight force feedback! Its real strong in this one...made for some nice realistic handling in this off-road sim. Shaun and Darin- try this demo out with the Fanatec wheel! I'm betting its superb!

'Dox

It's nice to drive with a steering wheel, but the steering angle is too narrow, so the feeling isn't so realistic as I want. I drove it with a Driving Force Pro from Logitech at the PS3.

I got it last night for the PS3. Very cool ! I love the effect when you go through water. I tried it with the Fanatec 911 Turbo S. The center FFB was a little dead, but as you turn, it becomes very strong.. Overall pretty good in the FFB department and a step up in the feel or physics. We'll be reviewing the full version soon !

'Dox

Got Dirt 2 as a birthday present last week and its a blast to drive! Doesnt feel 'arcadey' at all and I love that. This one should definately be in the top 5 console driving sims...assuming there is a list :)

i just played online for like 3 hours straight with a bunch of guys from the PSN forum and it was awesome. we did the jam session where you can custom make anything you want and it was a blast.

A+ for the online portion.

i just played online for like 3 hours straight with a bunch of guys from the PSN forum and it was awesome. we did the jam session where you can custom make anything you want and it was a blast.

A+ for the online portion.

Are you playing the PS3 version? Are you using your G27 on the PS3? I really like Dirt 1 as well.

--Shoki

Yeah I liked Dirt 2 so much that I bought Grid 1 and Dirt 1. They are a lot of fun!!!

PSN ID = ZedR

360 ID = ZedR

cool, i'll add you on psn and we'll have to race sometime. add me too. my PSN is Jasonb1985

hey guys im loving dirt 2 but cant find a good setup for my g27. I'd love to hear what settings you guys are running. I'm playing it on the ps3, dont know if that makes a difference or not. thanks...

i think i pretty much just moved the linearity to 0 from the default of 4. all deadzones should be at 0%. the saturation should be 100%.

i think FFB is 80%.

whats your PSN name? lets play some Dirt 2.