Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graphics kinda sucks... no?

11 posts in this topic

i Know im new to all sim racing games, but after driving assetto corsa for a few days,  I tried Rfactor2 (the honda civic touring demo) and although the physics are good, visually its very old. looks like something from over 5-6 years ago.

Any plans to upgrade this game in the future? is it worth buying the whole package now?

Rfactor in general has always suffered with poor eye candy....some can live with it and some cant!

I for one cant!!! Like you say....extremely dated and I do believe the graphics really help

with the immersion ...so IMO...poor graphics = no immersion!

I'm sure they will improve over time.....but I wouldn't hold your breath!!

I ditched rfactor2 a while back!

Here is a comparison video of AC and rF2 Silverstone. I don't recognize the "extremely dated" statement, perhaps you are not running the correct settings. Also it's a good idea to run rF2 at something like 9 AM or 3 PM track time, at 12 PM sun casts directly from above so there are no shadows etc.

From what I hear, rF2 is still using DirectX 9. DX11 support is coming soon. ISI recently improved memory utilization as well as released a 64bit version, so improvements are being made just not as quickly as other sims. 

I have not been playing rfactor2 for three months now so i cant tell if they improved from there.

I had always problem before running with titan card 16gb of ram ssd so with high end parts the game didnt run smooth especially with triple screen plus there is something with the display that always made my eyes hurt.

I was trying hard to make it work but at the end i have done maybe five races in professional league and now my license  has expired.  Unless i hear there is some big improvement which i doubt considering how much time past since the release i will not be paying more for something that is not playable. I believe there is some fundamental problem with the software that maybe is not fixible but who knows it is only my experience with rfactor2.

Apart from that i ask technical support about the problems and there was not a solution to it.

I actually agree with you now kevin. I got the full version and its really great.

The graphics can be a bit better but overall its a worthy game. physics are top notch.

Enjoying  it a lot.

The biggest problems with rF2 is that their engine still uses DirectX9 instead of DirectX11 like on Assetto Corsa, for example.
While the textures on rF2 aren't very bad is the lack of the new effects from the DX11 that makes the game feels "dated".

ISI said they will probably update the graphics to DX11 sometime in the future, so I think it is a good investment if you really like the rF2 physics.

I really like rf2.  I like the button programmability and just the way the settings and options are laid out.  Very nice to drive, too.  I drive rf2, AC and iracing and am glad I have them all.  Good stuff!

I'm new to rf2 and I love it, got it tweaked and it looks pretty darn sweet, on a par with iracing and assetto in my opinion, and the physics and audio are a joy, I got it full to the brim with modded content and its all good stuff, I don't know why I put it off this long and now I wish I went with the lifetime option, but £10 a year subscription fee is not a problem.