Best Site for Car Setups
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Hi All

I'm relatively new to iRacing and currently hold a C licence for both Oval (3.65) & Road (3.41).

I mainly stick to the fixed events for a couple of reasons.

1. My lack of experience in setting up each vehicle.

2. I work 50 hours a week and don't have enough time to race, let alone practice.

3. I like to race the driver, not the setup.

Anyway, I would like to do more open events but I'm getting killed by guys with superior car setups.  

Can anyone recommend a good source for setups? 

Couple of newbie questions..............

Does each setup only apply to a particular car/track combination?

Can you have a general setup for each car for use on multiple tracks?

Are there some common basic changes you can make to car setup to improve handling?

I would really like to see Darin do a show just on this very topic for vehicles such as the Mazda, Caddy, Skip & other popular models.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Mike 

You can usually find setups in the forum for the car. Just select the series you want, then click on Forum just beneath the car icon. For the Star Mazda Championship, for example, there are forum threads to help you get started in setting up the Star Mazda, and also a Setup Shop thread where other drivers have shared their setups for anyone to use, and they are listed by track. Just make sure you read the post before just downloading a setup and using it, you dont want to load a qualify setup for your race and find that you run out of fuel. 

And, also remember "SLOW IN & FAST OUT"  and that's goes Double for Both the MX5 and the Skippy :shock:  There just isn't to much you can adjust with Skippy either. You just have to Learn to drive it..Basically 

Also, there is "iRacing Setup Sync" made by "Nick Thissen" it has some setups and there is a lot more that needs to be added to it. I use it and if there is a car/track setup in it, then it will download it into your setups in the Garage. It is worth checking out. Hope this Helps some.

some what recently one of the news/stories on the front of the web page was about a setup wizard.  I havent been able to find it but it looked really useful!!

Edit: I found it, check this out http://www.isrtv.com/iracing/iracing-setup-sync/

i agree with Donnie setup sync is great you just might have to find the right line for the setup but takes the guesswork out for sure.

I have been looking through and it seems like there are some really great setups to try on his page. I have a question though, are the file types correct? Am I missing something because when I download and check what I received it does not have a .xxx at the end (.sto,.jpg etc). They don't seem to have a file type. Just a description. Am i missing a step. There are several i really want to test before my next race. Thanks!

well all i can say is that everything i have downloaded has worked have you tried the setups?

Not from this site yet. I have downloaded some tunes directly from iRacing's website. They all seem to have the .sto extension. So I just was worried a little bit about importing them from here just because I did not see the extension. I will definitely give it a try though! A few of the tunes from iRacing don't pass inspection so I was trying to find another place to pull some tunes from. Thanks!