Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Stockcar V8 Vehicle in Grid Autosport!

6 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

Purchased and downloaded Grid Autosport just for something new to play with...it is not to bad at all, the visuals in triple screen are fantastic, game play is great, although I have not be in Multiplayer yet and probably will not as this is not my thing.

I was just having a look around to see what's in there as to Tracks and vehicles...and to my shock...I found the Game Stockcar V8 in all it's glory...I had to look twice as I could not believe my eyes...lol...so I promptly selected it and took it out for a spin.

Reiza does not need to worry as it was disappointing to say the least, sound, handling (arcade game though) and blurry cockpit (although I am somewhat getting used to the blurry cockpit now, gives a 3D feel when viewing)...the only plus side of things is the exterior view, full reflections etc. although this is probably due to DirectX 11.

I found it in the "Touring Cars', 'Cat A Touring Cars' section....off to see what else I can find...lol

Kind regards

Old Timer

Hello everyone,

Just uploaded a quick You Tube video of the Game Stockcar V8 that is included in Grid Autosport...you will have to excuse the terrible driving, changing view points and continuing driving is a challenge...lol

Kind regards

Old Timer

Yeah they are based on the Brazilian stock cars like in Game Stock Car. They are pretty fun to drive but nothing like the ones in GSC. 

They couldn't get the licensing to the Chevy so it is called a ADC Presteza http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/1293

Loore Codemasters   Community Manager
July 2
The Chevvy was actually on our hit list but we had trouble getting everything all sorted in time for the game's release (read: licensing). I won't go into too much detail about the licensing side of things but let's just say it gets very complicated :)

In the end we had to make a call, lose the two car competition or go with a fictional car, we opted for the fictional.