Thrustmaster TX handbrake
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hi All, I'm new to the forum and been watching a lot of videos surrounding the Thrustmaster TX wheel but can't find anything relating to a handbrake that's compatable with the TX wheel on Xbox one. Can anyone suggest anything? Is there anything on the market already? Thanks in advance :) Col

From my knowledge there is nothing that will work on console like other things such as button boxes from DSD. Unless someone has striped a controller down and used the PCB board and built a handbrake from that. 

CHEERS! :D

Hi all

I'm new to this forum. I have actually modded my tx f1 wheel for a handbrake. You have to mod the wheel it's self not the base. I'll try and get some photos posted later. Also the handbrake is my own home made one.

Thanks

Hi all

I'm new to this forum. I have actually modded my tx f1 wheel for a handbrake. You have to mod the wheel it's self not the base. I'll try and get some photos posted later. Also the handbrake is my own home made one.

Thanks

i love to see. hope see this soon. 

I first built the handbrake for my logitech g27. I got the handbrake itself off eBay then added the two switches. The first switch is for the handle itself then the red rocker switch was put there to keep the handbrake on without having to keep the lever pulled (the car used to keep rolling a gt5. So that's the reason for that).

Once I'd fitted the switches with a cable (only 2 core) I needed a way to make it work. I found a video on YouTube of someone else who'd modded a thrustmaster f1 wheel, so I then knew how to get it apart without a worry really. The 2 core cable was straight so I coiled it around a screwdriver and heated with a hair dryer (to keep it coiled up). Once the wheel was apart I connect the 2 core cable to the handbrake button in the wheel. I cut the cables and used straight through crimp terminals. Glued in position then reassembled.

Simples!

Ps the f1 wheel wasn't my first choice but I will be doing it on one of the round wheels soon. I'll keep you guys posted

I first built the handbrake for my logitech g27. I got the handbrake itself off eBay then added the two switches. The first switch is for the handle itself then the red rocker switch was put there to keep the handbrake on without having to keep the lever pulled (the car used to keep rolling a gt5. So that's the reason for that).

Once I'd fitted the switches with a cable (only 2 core) I needed a way to make it work. I found a video on YouTube of someone else who'd modded a thrustmaster f1 wheel, so I then knew how to get it apart without a worry really. The 2 core cable was straight so I coiled it around a screwdriver and heated with a hair dryer (to keep it coiled up). Once the wheel was apart I connect the 2 core cable to the handbrake button in the wheel. I cut the cables and used straight through crimp terminals. Glued in position then reassembled.

Simples!

Ps the f1 wheel wasn't my first choice but I will be doing it on one of the round wheels soon. I'll keep you guys posted

thank for share

Nope, PS4 can do that, PC can do it, but the XB1 cannot for some silly reason. For games like Dirt Rally, I just use the trick listed above, map 4th gear as handbrake, then I have a piece of shock cord and a cord lock that I loop around my wheel stand to pull the shifter back to N. 

On August 17, 2016 at 4:19 PM, WNCmotard said:

Nope, PS4 can do that, PC can do it, but the XB1 cannot for some silly reason. For games like Dirt Rally, I just use the trick listed above, map 4th gear as handbrake, then I have a piece of shock cord and a cord lock that I loop around my wheel stand to pull the shifter back to N. 

Doesn't the fanatec brake work, hooked up through the v2 pedals with the thrustmaster using the pedals?

On 2016. 02. 09. at 8:49 PM, eLantern said:

Can't the TH8A shifter get used as an analog e-brake on the Xbox One when paired with a Thrustmaster TX or is that just with PC?

On the Forza you can change between e-brake and Clutch. If you have 2 pedals set, it's not hard thing to make an analog e-brake. I don't know any other games.