Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mad Catz Pro Racing Wheel First Look / Unboxing

23 posts in this topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LWEgxHMHdc

Presenting our unboxing and first look at the Mad Catz Pro Racing Force Feedback wheel and pedal set for the XBox One.

I unbox it and check out all the parts of this new wheel and pedal set by Mad Catz. Next up will be an in depth review of it using Forza Motorsport 5.

We hope you enjoy the show !

Considering it is selling at the same price, I have a tough time imagining this wheel will out-compete either the TX (Xbox/PC wheel) or the T300RS (PS4/PC wheel scheduled for release on August 15th) but that's just a gut feel. I could be totally wrong.

Just by looking at the materials use in Darin's unboxing video, they are asking WAY too much for this thing, it's should be half the asking price!

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

Do you think this would be better than the gt3/g27 which are the kings of that price range? I think a new player coming into that price range could be interesting. I mean, this is definitely a 199 wheel...it's not even belt driven. It uses helical gears. More comparable to a g27 than tx/t300rs from the looks of it...but Darin's review will confirm or refute that! Will be interesting!

I am sure everything is about personal taste. But if someone choose Mad Catz instead of Thrusty TX - this will be insane move;)

Great to see what is in box, Darin. Waiting for the review.

I wouldn´t pay for sure 199 euros for Madcatz, all the thing looks strange and very very sensible. It seems to me like everything will fall apart after a few races.

I wouldn´t pay for sure 199 euros for Madcatz, all the thing looks strange and very very sensible. It seems to me like everything will fall apart after a few races.

They will sell it at least for 299 Euro:)

oh i'm all down for console support, it's why I have a TX and not a csw but for it not to have any pc support is just silly though. 

Imagine this wheel to be used on PC too;) It will last few days max.

I really had hope Mad Catz will do a decent wheel,because of the serious price. After this unboxing I saw only cheezy plastic parts. Everything is made like to be a display item in the shop , not to be used every day for racing.

The base and the rim are not so bad, but something tells me that inside is very amateur build. This "something" is my experience with their stuff.

Let`s wait the review!

Us PC users can tell that this wheel isn't for us, so there's no point trashing it since it's been specifically designed for a different market, so let Darin review it for the console users for them to decide.

Us PC users can tell that this wheel isn't for us, so there's no point trashing it since it's been specifically designed for a different market, so let Darin review it for the console users for them to decide.

I dont have complain that is not for PC , its specifically for XB 1. People can decide reading all comments trashing or not. Nobody trashing just for fun something.

Difference between this wheel and TX is day and night.

I have confirmation for this from person that is not allowed to be mention here , so I am sure I am right for this.

But lets wait the review. If Darin said that TX is equal to this and both wheels are equal I will accept this.

My point is not exact to compare both. This company Mad Catz  making decent Flight controllers, decent headsets, but the wheels are absolute crap.

Everybody knows darin and Shaun review of the Xbox 360 FFB wheel of MadCatz....well for me this ahve epilogue. Friend of mine dunno why bought one , it failed very soon and I opened it.

What I saw inside - I will never forget!

Shaun told me that when they did the review one wheel failed too.

Once I opened one of their expensive wheels in the past too. This F1 Williams wheel for PS2 with quick rellease, digital display etc.

What I saw inside was a joke!

So better guys that dont have experience to know some things.

There is a saying - the wolf can change the skin , but never the behaviour!:)

MadCatz has done cool stuff in the past, and this wheel already LOOKS way better than expected. So I'm in the "give it chance" column. I do think they targeted the wrong price point tho, and that they need to get something like this in the sub $200 range out there, especially since it's looking like Logitech has just walked away from it by killing off the DFGT.

When I contemplated getting the TM for the xbox1, there were a lot of lousy reviews on the TM unit. If it wasn't for all these i probably wouldn't have waited for the Madcatz one. Ir doesn't feel cheaply made. There is a lot of metal. Pedals are good. My only complaint is the feel which apparently is what you get without FFB used. Not cheap but the TM isn't either. I loved TM in the past, when I was doing Flight sims all the time. Their sticks were the best, but then they sold out and the CS when down the tubes, and quality a bit as well. Think they sold to a French company

I still LOL at the ridiculous video MS released telling people how advanced the new MadCatz wheel was compared to supposedly "old" tech like the CSR Elite, which blows this junk into the next universe.

I owned this wheel for a couple of weeks before returning it.

I would not say it was complete junk!

Pros:

The rim was on the smaller side, but felt good and buttons on it where okay too.

Although it only came with a 2 pedal set, they was actually really good, you could adjust it to your liking. 

The wheel base was nearly all metal and pretty small.

It came with all fixings to hard mount it.

Everything felt pretty solid.

Cons: 

The ffb was on the weaker side, but wasn't terrible.

The main reason I send it back was it felt notchy when steering it.

I now have had the TX for some time and it does feel so much smoother, but there was things I did like about the Madcatz wheel.

If they made the Madcatz wheel work on the PC and somehow got rid of the notchy feeling, I think it would be a pretty good wheel.

"To note I did not feel the notchy feeling when the ffb was off, so didn't know if it could be upgraded by a driver?"