Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MotoGP 14 PS4 & PC Full Review

3 posts in this topic

Coming from a motorcycle background, its always entertaining watching the bike reviews:) you do a good job of reviewing it with not much knowledge of the sport.

I know that you rate this game simcade towards sim side of things but just watching the gameplay makes me cringe. I tried Motogp13 and it was not bad but it was full on arcade in terms of actual gameplay feel. Yes the full race weekends and that are simulation based but that is just a bonus in my opinion. No road based bike game in my opinion has ever come close to a game released in 1998(I think it was 98) called GP500, the best part about the game is it was made by microprose and it was such an incredible game. It was extremely difficult with a keyboard and I used to play it with a Joystick as to me that is the only way to get a true feel in bike games similar to a real bike, you get that sort of leaning feel in a joystick, you get that forward and backwards braking feel. I dont have a joystick anymore but perhaps it would make the Motogp games a bit better. the gamepad just does it no justice, the exact same way as playing a car game with a game pad vs a wheel is the way I feel about bike games with a joystick vs gamepad (again not on the motogp series but speaking about previous bike games).

The way the bikes look so wobbly on the straights, like you have absolutely no control.. there doesnt seem to be that smoothness in the riding style in these games that you got with GP500, again maybe it is the gamepad that causes it, wish I had a joystick to try it out but im not spending money to be dissapointed. To top it off, the mod-ability of GP500 was incredible and it was truly a simulation. There still were some down sides to that game but the physics were really unreal for a game of that age. Also the physics could be edited to a very advanced level. You could make special physics that felt like you were really riding in the rain etc.. just was a level above anything else and even to this day there has been no bike sim that comes even close. looking at the video review it still makes me believe this game is behind GP500 in terms of getting a bike game right. Overall a disappointment for me as I truly wish Microprose made a GP500 2. 

Great job on the review though:)

Looks like a fun, i have SBK x and Moto gp 08 and they are a blast.I also have moto gp 07 and the fantasy tracks(minus arcade physics) are great,i would recommend putting these in the game to attrack casual players and bike fans that like a scenic race......   I was wondering if the USA version will be able to play online against europe?