Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2010 Poor Damage Model!!?!!

4 posts in this topic

After all the hoopla and carpet chewing on the net regarding worries about the damage in F1 2010, this video has appeared. The damage by the way is awesome. Hope you enjoy it.

Regards,

Paul

As a coda to the above post, the majority of the collisions seem to be at high speed. I am looking forward to Darin and Shaun's assessment of damage sustained at lower speeds. The question is whether Codemasters have elected to make the cars more resilient at lower speeds and the drive more forgiving. I guess it may come down to a question of balance between sim and accessibility.

Regards,

Paul

Well I tried to check out F1 2010 this morning.

At 8:00am (mountain time) I couldn't fire up the game, so I went on Steam's F1 2010 section and it said it would be activated in roughly 3 hours. So I guess 12:00 noon Central time (11:00am my time) is the official release. Unfortunately, I'll be in bed then, I work graveyard shifts.

Oh well, I guess I'll give it a quick try before going to work tonight.

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

Hi Jack,

It looks like my copy of F1 2010 will arrive tomorrow with a bit of luck. Anyway, do keep us posted with your impressions. I have a feeling this is a game that will set the bench mark for driving games for sometime to come.

Regards,

Paul