Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grid Autosport ... I'm just not that into you.

27 posts in this topic

I loved grid 1.  Skipped 2 because of no cockpit.  Bought Grid AS based on the hype that it was more like Grid 1. 

...And I guess it is, mostly.  But the physics really stand out as more arcade than I remember and all I get from playing it is the desire to fire up Assetto Corsa and experience the real thrill of driving a race car. 

The career mode seems to have been dumbed down a little too much as well so I'm feeling like I just wasted $50.  Maybe I'll give it another go in the future, but for now I'm just not that into it.

I really like Grid.

Force feedback works fine for me. You can edit the effectsetup.xml file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GRID Autosport\forcefeedback to fine tune all the effects. I have tweaked my file to give me better force feedback, it could still do with some more work but it is better than the stock FFB

Here is one of my Grid videos and you can see the force feedback working on my CSW. 

Yeah, something isn't right because I have pretty good FFB. Have a look at my video just just after 5:15 mark. I'm going around a left hand sweeper and an AI car rams in to me on the left hand side. You can see the FFB snap the wheel to the right with the impact then I correct and continue racing.

I have my FFB setting pretty high and it works well. No worse than any other Codemasters game.

I find that I am playing less and less. But not because it isn't fun, it is. But in single player you cannot pick the car you want or the track you want or the amount of laps you want. If they would change this it would be my favorite or in the top 3....As it is I will play it now and then...

Deadeye

I find that I am playing less and less. But not because it isn't fun, it is. But in single player you cannot pick the car you want or the track you want or the amount of laps you want. If they would change this it would be my favorite or in the top 3....As it is I will play it now and then...

Deadeye

I was going to buy it until I seen your post , I don't think I want it now.

Thanks DeadEye

Deadeye

Use the custom cups feature.  Your choice of how many rounds (up to 5), what tracks (1-20 laps and 1-3 races per round), what class of cars, and your car, etc.  You can even access the tracks/cars you haven't even unlocked yet in the career mode, they're all avaialble there.

Also to note... In the normal single player career mode you can do Normal/2x/3x/5x race distances too, if the default is too short for you.  Yes you only get the cars in the contracts provided with you, but that should encurage you to play more to get offers from the better teams.

I have this to ans was super excited to go online so I did and they were the worst bunch of racers I have ever come accros. They were rubbish I don't understand how people think they can win a race at the first corner and when they go off the track they just charge back on and hit you.

most guys who, play this transitioned from GRID2 to Autosport. If you have played GRID2 online, 90% of them hold a controller.

Autosport takes a lot more skill, even for controller boys. I play with a bunch of fellas and they are really trying to steer with a controller.

I have this to ans was super excited to go online so I did and they were the worst bunch of racers I have ever come accros. They were rubbish I don't understand how people think they can win a race at the first corner and when they go off the track they just charge back on and hit you.

That's GRID for you. I think your description was straight from the manual.:lol:

@G33MAN

most guys who, play this transitioned from GRID2 to Autosport. If you have played GRID2 online, 90% of them hold a controller. GRID2 is very arcade and a lot of smash and go racing.

Autosport takes a lot more skill, even for controller boys. I play with a bunch of fellas and they are really trying to steer with a controller.

Most people whom play online use a controller and they think thats the way to race compared to GRID2. Again, you will get that on most lobbies, so either arrange a bunch of fellas on your own locked lobby for quality racing or tolerate it or play something esle.

I was really enjoying GAS untill on the weekend i became a victim of the infamous game save data corrupt issue on the 360 now just have to wait for the patch/update to come through and hopefully fix this widespread problem

IMO I waisted $50.  contrary to other games I have, can't keep the cars on the track, doesn't matter how much tweak I do. I spend more time changing this or that, than racing... hate it!

IMO I waisted $50.  contrary to other games I have, can't keep the cars on the track, doesn't matter how much tweak I do. I spend more time changing this or that, than racing... hate it!

I found that the cars are really controllable. I just run the standard setup.

changing this or that?

youd better stay away from the more true sim games then