80/20 Rig
22 22

114 posts in this topic

Man PlatinumDan,

This is one-weak-of-a "RIG" its SO C00L. And, to see one of these 80-20 rigs being built from the ground-up is something else for sure. Thanks for all the pic's of all the different steps in its build.......NICE

I love that rig PlatinumDan.

I got my rig from Total Spanish Simulators. I am using their "cockpit genesis" design, but I'm sure if you gave them the dimensions, they would be willing to deliver. They have the best customers support I have met so far.

What I like about best about their product is what they call "internal machining". That makes for the best and strongest connection between profiles I can imagine.

I'm still waiting for my raceseat. Looks like I picked a seat that takes forever to deliver. When it's all done i'll publish some pictures. Here's a preview, still a work in progress.

PlatinumDan, that thing is sic  :-P. Where did you get the design?

Well done!

http://www.motedis.com/shop/Friends-of/KPCR-Piez-RIG-Expert::866.html for the photographs to use as a guide.  The company does not ship to the USA.  I obtained permission from the designer to recreate the RIG using 80/20 as long as I did not share his plans.

The folks in Europe are fortunate because extruded aluminum is very inexpensive compared to 80/20.

Man PlatinumDan,

This is one-weak-of-a "RIG" its SO C00L. And, to see one of these 80-20 rigs being built from the ground-up is something else for sure. Thanks for all the pic's of all the different steps in its build.......NICE

Thanks for the kind words.  I enjoyed the build more than the driving.  Wish I could build another one for someone else!

Thats one heck for a rig man! Wow! 

What did mean by extruded is cheaper in Europe than 80/20? 

For example:

The base is sold by Motedis.com for 239.41 Euro ($326.08 US)

I had to buy the equivalent from 80/20.com for almost 653.45 Euro ($890.00 US)

PlatinumDan, that is GOLD!!!

Can you give an idea of cost for the 80/20 Frame

I just added it up...$3383.09 for every 80/20 extruded aluminum piece you see in the photographs.  That included shipping.  Argh! (slaps forehead).  That doesn't include the PC, monitors, wheels/pedal/shifter, cables, speakers, amps, buttkickers etc.  The seat was the cheapest component on the whole thing.

*Edit*

I made a mistake it was $2493.15 for the 80/20.

For example:

The base is sold by Motedis.com for 239.41 Euro ($326.08 US)

I had to buy the equivalent from 80/20.com for almost 653.45 Euro ($890.00 US)

When you said 'extruded' it threw me as I was thinking a lot of the sections could be made from box section extruded aluminium which is obviously cheaper than 80/20. bit more work involved what with drilling and tapping threads but all but the adjustable parts could be made from simple box section to further cut costs. Good to know it's cheaper over here though :)

I just added it up...$3383.09 for every 80/20 extruded aluminum piece you see in the photographs.  That included shipping.  Argh! (slaps forehead).  That doesn't include the PC, monitors, wheels/pedal/shifter, cables, speakers, amps, buttkickers etc.  The seat was the cheapest component on the whole thing.

Cheers PlatinumDan , thanks for the cost