Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Assetto Corsa: GP2 Mod From FCM Released

34 posts in this topic

I have full permission in posting this mod due to being part of the team.

xT4hYqo.jpg

mTPE1MV.jpg

Hello and welcome,

We will be making and releasing all types of formula based sims for the community so after our first release of our GP2 2014 season, will be starting maybe GP3, formula renault 3.5, and F1 depending on the amount of interest generated by the AC community artists.

At Formula Corsa Modding,

We stand for the community of racers and nothing else we believe in creating mods with the community for the community and released by the community once full development is completed.

If you find this work useful and would like to support our effort, please consider making a donation via PayPal.

Pk621j4.jpg

-Chargingcar

Not long ago we saw the beginning of Formula Corsa Modding form. We all knew it was going to be a team who was going to be dedicated to creating the highest quality mods for Assetto Corsa related to open-wheel racing. Will we see an Indy Car? Maybe. Will we see other types of cars? Maybe (but first let's focus on getting all the open-wheel ones available). The group consists of:

mfhDhXn.jpg

ChargingCar - Project manager

Joel Rautavaara - Community Rep
Garry Vale - Logo expert technician, CS6 Pro
Wilmer Chavez - Graphics artist, CS6 Pro
David Dominguez - Physics Guru
Eduard Mallorquí -Physics Tester
Neils Tieman - Helmet Designer
SimonTek - Helmet Designer

Raffaele Marciello - Racing Engineering - 

GP2 Physics Advisor 
http://www.raffaelemarciello.com/?page_id=49

- GP2 2014 Helmets Completed -
Nasr 
Marciello

Full of experts who love working in a group to achieve the best level of quality possible.

SgdmjsN.jpg

GP2 2014 Season 0.9.2 beta

Installation

Drop gp2_2014_season folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars.

Download

GP2 2014 Season 0.9 beta Link

Update 0.9.1 beta - Link

Update 0.9.2 beta

Skin Pack (Low resolution) Link

Quieter Backfire SFX Link

Changelog

GP2 2014 Series - Changelog (July 16, 2014) 

-------------------------------------------------------- 
- Fixed random crashes 
- Added 2nd LOD model 
- Improved tire textures (dirt, normal maps) 
- Improved some graphical properties 
- Mirror fixes 
- Drivetrain fixes

GP2 2014 Series - Changelog (July 13, 2014) 
-------------------------------------------------------- 
-Fixed clutch torque issues
-Adjusted AI behaviour
-Updated default setup to Eduard Mallorqui's base setup

v50wMDr.jpg

F1 2014 Mclaren MP4-29

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

Post designed by Chargingcar.

Good plan mate ;) It's a huge amount of fun to drive :) And that's only V0.9.

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

Is it simple to install after downloading pal?? Only ever modded rfactor!

You tried it yet? ;)

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

Not yet pal....wife's gone out for the day....and I'm left with the baby!! Won't get chance to try it until later when all the kids are in bed!!!!

It can't come quick enough?...trust me!!

Done that Pal....baby asleep for a little while!!!

What's the gp2 dev thing at the bottom??

It's if you want to try to edit the mod. Edit looks of car, make new textures, change aero. Unless you are making mods yourself, it may not be for you :P That's just a few of the files that the guys who are working on this mod use. :)

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

It's if you want to try to edit the mod. Edit looks of car, make new textures, change aero. Unless you are making mods yourself, it may not be for you :P That's just a few of the files that the guys who are working on this mod use. :)

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

making mods myself??? Hahahahaha....now that is funny!! I'll avoid that file then! ;)

Hey all, if you are having problems with gears and gear selection there is a patch on the official forum for 0.9.1. of this great car. Thanks J.A.R.V.I.S for this thread,

cheers mate AussieStig

Thanks. Will update first post with the new link. BTW, I heard from ChargingCar that we may see aMcLaren F1 2014 mod next weekend ;) Already gotten some preview pictures :)

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

Will also update the lists to look nicer :D

One thing Jarv, and not sure whether it's down to settings or not but the opposition in the GP2 cars are V-E-R-Y slow!!!! So much in fact that I span off 3 times in the first half of the course during a race and I could still take my time in getting back on track....and be way out ahead still!!! I have the opposition setting to 100%!

One thing Jarv, and not sure whether it's down to settings or not but the opposition in the GP2 cars are V-E-R-Y slow!!!! So much in fact that I span off 3 times in the first half of the course during a race and I could still take my time in getting back on track....and be way out ahead still!!! I have the opposition setting to 100%!

First of all, are you using 0.9.1 ? That fixed an issue where they always stayed on 1st gear, and second of all, as you know this is still in beta. I personally have only done testing, but I am not sure whether the AI has been finalised yet :) I'm sure it will come with time.

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

First of all, are you using 0.9.1 ? That fixed an issue where they always stayed on 1st gear, and second of all, as you know this is still in beta. I personally have only done testing, but I am not sure whether the AI has been finalised yet :) I'm sure it will come with time.

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

ill try the 0.9.1 version, but yeah.....would definitely say they are stuck in first gear!!

Still an absolute awesome mod though....I'm loving it!

Thanks J.A.R.V.I.S.,

Thanks, for this car and all the info. I'm looking forward to ALL of these type cars :shock:  I downloaded it and it is a Trick to drive I love it.  :mrgreen:  Thanks Again!

Thanks J.A.R.V.I.S.,

Thanks, for this car and all the info. I'm looking forward to ALL of these type cars :shock:  I downloaded it and it is a Trick to drive I love it.  :mrgreen:  Thanks Again!

Good to see you enjoying it :) It was a lot of work behind the scenes :) Hundreds of hours. Probably over a thousand.

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

UPDATE: I have updated some stuff in the UI and we are also working on some clutch changes. Don't know when the next update will be available, but some of it is finished already. Most of the focus is on the F1 2014 McLaren MP4-29 right now.

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

The link for the 0.9.1 update downloads a 'data' folder......where does that go????

If you go to Program Files (x86) \ steam \ SteamApps \ common \ assettocorsa \ content \ cars \ gp2_2014_series - and just drag the file there. It should replace a folder called data. The one you find is the old one, so now you just replace it with the new one that you downloaded :)

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

Thanks buddy....I'll get the hang of this modding thing and stop asking stupid questions one day.....I promise!! ;)

Took me very long to learn it myself :P Started out with F1 2013 and always had to wonder how to do it :D Now I remember the folders by heart. It's just all about adding or replacing.

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.