Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrustmaster TX and Dirt 3 - does this work ?

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to find out IF the Thrustmaster TX wheel for the PC / Xbox one works on the PC with Dirt 3 , and IF it does then how as my Tx wheel does not even show up in the controller menu on Dirt 3.

I can't see why not. I use a Fanatec Clubsport wheel + DSD Pedals + hydraulic handbrake + sequential shifter or a Fanatec Clubsport shifter so if I can get all that gear running in dirt 3 then you should be able to use a Thrustmaster TX.

I know the Trustmaster RS works with Dirt 3

The problem i seem to be having is when i start dirt 3 and go into the controller options , the only controller listed is the keyboard,, yet the wheel shows up fine in all other places like windows control panel and  also show and works 100% in Assetto Corsa.  that is why i am asking this as i thought maybe i had to install something  to get it to show it  ( btw the game is upto date according to windows live games )

Avenga76, on 09 Jul 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

Just bind the controls manually. I have to do that with my setup because I use 5 different controllers in Dirt 3 (Fanatec Clubsport wheel + DSD Pedals + hydraulic handbrake + sequential shifter or a Fanatec Clubsport shifter)

None of them are listed under controllers because none of them are officially supported. So I need to go down to each setting i.e steering left, then press enter. It will say something like waiting for input, then steer left and it will bind it to the X axis. Repeat this for all the controls and your done.

Read my post on your other topic.

It will work but you will just have to bind them manually.

If your wheel is newer than Dirt 3, which your TX is and so is my Fanatec then it won't be on the list of controllers because there is no profile for it but this doesn't mean you can't use it. You just need to go to each control manually.

Dirt 3 will support any wheel and any number of controllers.

After you bind your controls make sure you go to the advanced wheel options and remove the deadzones because if it doesn't know about your wheel then it will default to a 20% deadzone, change it down to 0%