Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logitech on PS4

8 posts in this topic

Iv decided im going to get PCARS on PS4 because thats where most of my friends will play. But question is will the Logitech wheels, mainly the DFGT for me be compatible with the PS4 and Project CARS i havnt actually seen this confirmed anywhere?

Still no confirmation, but I am sure Logitech will figure it out somehow.....they dont work on a new wheel ,so they will need to make current working with PS4. Infact good relation with developers is the key for success in this.

In the same boat. I own a DFGT & wanted to purchase a G27, but I have a really bad feeling Logitech isn't going to support PS4. Logitech anounced that they are out of the console hardware market as of the end of 2013. That PC keyboard, mice, & headsets would be their focus.

Sony had mentioned (pre PS4 release) that legacy controllers like racing wheels would work on PS4, but I think they since changed their stance on that. Might have to do with they competely own the console market now & Microsoft no longer a true threat?? Just speculating.

Thrustmaster just announced the T300RS & the T300 Ferrari GTE  FFB racing wheels at E3 a couple weeks ago. PS4, PS3 & PC compatable. Actually they are the same wheel, just with a different rim mounted. While it is an upgrade compared to the Logitechs, it's $500 piece of hardware with only paddle shifters and no clutch out the box. REALLY dissapointed in this. Wheel is upgradeable to add 3 pedal & shifter, but you'll likely spend another $300 - $400 more for those.

The T500RS was already PS3 compatable, so why make a new wheel if the old one would be compatable?  From my standpoint, Thrustmaster has reallized that PS4 owners are screwed, and they'll sell us a wheel similar to their flagship T500RS, but they'll charge you a lot more for about the same thing.

Don't think the CronusMax about will do what you wanting. I really doubt it will include FFB support if it works at all.

Still no confirmation, but I am sure Logitech will figure it out somehow.....they dont work on a new wheel ,so they will need to make current working with PS4. Infact good relation with developers is the key for success in this.

How do you know they aren't working on a new wheel ?

Hey Darin,

I think the statement is in relation to Logitech making a new wheel for PS4because of Logitech's press release of no more console hardware last year, ......but I wouldn't mind if this has changed in relation to Racing Wheels specifically compatable on PS4.

I was hoping for Logitech to announce something at E3, but figured I'd better start looking at alternatives when nothing was announced.

The PS4 released about this time last year. If there has been no movement toward building compatibility with the G25/G27 wheels by now, I will likely never happen, Right?  No one wants this to happen more than I do I bought switched to the PS4 after years of being an Xbox (and Forza) fan boy. I wanted to use my G25 with the PS4 for the upcoming Project Cars title. But, it looks like I will be buying Project Cars for the PC instead.

I have had some success with the XCM F1 converter on the Xbox 360. However, I have not seen any such converter for the PS4. If I could locate one for PS4, I would buy one.  Any recommendations? 

I cannot go out and spend $300 to $400 on a Thrustmaster wheel and pedal set to play a title that will not release until March of next year.. 

The PS4 released about this time last year. If there has been no movement toward building compatibility with the G25/G27 wheels by now, I will likely never happen, Right?  No one wants this to happen more than I do I bought switched to the PS4 after years of being an Xbox (and Forza) fan boy. I wanted to use my G25 with the PS4 for the upcoming Project Cars title. But, it looks like I will be buying Project Cars for the PC instead.

I have had some success with the XCM F1 converter on the Xbox 360. However, I have not seen any such converter for the PS4. If I could locate one for PS4, I would buy one.  Any recommendations? 

I cannot go out and spend $300 to $400 on a Thrustmaster wheel and pedal set to play a title that will not release until March of next year.. 

The fact that Pcars isn't coming out this year pretty much ruined my Christmas for this reason. I was going to ask for a t300 for christmas (since it is the only legitimate option on PS4) but like you said obviously no one will like it if I receive one and then leave it in the box until March. It just looks rude and quite frankly it would be unacceptable to do that. So I will have to wait and buy it myself. Still not pleased that this is the only option though. It is too expensive. Even asking for it as a gift seems inconsiderate because of the price.