Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My CLUTCH Fix in Grid Autosport!

17 posts in this topic

I have clutch , I have clutch:))

What I did - uninstall Fanatec drivers....start the wheel and put in PS3 mode . Windows will see it like G25. In Grid - G25 too.

Everything works and you have more options in Logitech profiler than the Fanatec control panel.

FFB is great. The only con for now is that Fanaleds don`t see it and cant use you lcd for it. 

For Fanatec advanced users with CSW isnt so good to be without some exrta like analog sticks etc.

But for CSR and Porsche users is great!

Nice solution Krassi!

But I seriously hope Codemasters will fix this error on their behalf; Just to have my Fanatec gear go to work and having it to put in PS3 mode and uninstall the Fanatec drivers is a big NO for me.

Grid Autosport recognised my CSW/pedals/shifter directly, so its only normal that it should recognize my clutch pedal.

If not; I think Grid Autosport is ok, but it's not that important to me, that I have to go into that kind of trouble to get it to work...

In fact for me no any difference to make it in PC mode or PS3 mode...just in the PS3 I have clutch;)

for Porsche wheels and CSR wheel Fanatec control panel is very simple...so no lost options;)

Btw for hardcore FFB lovers - after sliding to 150% FFB in Logitech profiler ...Wow ..man this is like FFB motor upgrade to Fanatec wheels;)

Fanatec in every newer firmware setting the FFB lower and lower.

What do you think about this game. Is it worth buying? I liked the original GRID for a fun arcade game. I read the interiors looks blurring, there's a fix that makes the blur go away but leaves you with a lame interior. Just wondering. Not sure if I want to make the plunge. 

I found another work around which doesn't evolve using the G25 mode.

In the game, Go in to the controller menu and load the CSW profile.

This works on my CSW, CSP V2 and CSS in H-Pattern + Clutch

Yeah, I didn't load a profile, just manually bound the keys like I did in Dirt 3 and other codemasters games.

They never used to have a CSW profile so it is just force of habit. It would let me bind everything but the clutch.

When I loaded the CSW it automatically bound all the buttons including the pedals and clutch.

I have the same problem with my Fanatec CSW V2. Codemasters referred me to this post as a solution. Very funny.

After a few days of trial and error I can make the following proposed workaround without to change into PS3 Mode, so all buttons on the wheels remain in function. Please excuse my bad english. I hope it's understandable.

We need the programs VJoy (http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site) and UJR (http://evilc.com/proj/ujr). With these programs a virtual joystick can be established. The clutch (and only the clutch and nothing else) of the Clubsport pedals is simply placed on an axis of the virtual joystick. Immediately it can be used inside Autosport by pressing the clutch in the assignment options (miraculously). The UJR program must be open in the background! The virtual joystick manage the clutch and nothing else!

Then it's actually already done, unless the following phenomenon occurs.

Gears jumps to Neutral

From then it may occurs "Gears jumping to Neutral" (known from Dirt 3, Grid 2 etc.). This is because the clutch is now part of an input device, which is one of the not "supported devices" by Codemasters. It's not possible to set values for the deadzone or saturation inside the menus for the clutch. And that's the problem.

Solution:

Use dxtweak2, if it is running. For me with the CSW V2 it's impossible, because the program crashes every time ......

The steering wheel must belong to the supported devices. It's also possible to bring a non-supported steering wheel in a “nearly like supported” without help from Codemasters. But that is not the subject of this thread. There is a corresponding file to the steering wheel in the Grid Autosport installation directory “input”. In my case ftec_clubsport.xml. It only needs the virtual-clutch to be added as a supported one. Then you have editable parts for deadzone and saturation for the clutch.

I attached a zip with an inputlisting program. After start of the program, all input devices including names are listed. We need the guidProduct number from the Vjoy-device. The guidProduct number has the format xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx. As example for the virtual joystick: BEAD1234-0000-0000-0000-504944564944.

In the XML file of the controller, a row is similar (the row here is tweaked for use with the CSW V2):

<ActionMap name="ftec_clubsport" device_type_0="{00010EB7-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" device_type_1="{18390EB7-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" priority="0" shouldbindalldevicetypes="true">

The row is the entry for the controller. Expand it with device_type_2 (don't forget to make a backup of the original file):

<ActionMap name="ftec_clubsport" device_type_0="{00010EB7-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" device_type_1="{18390EB7-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" device_type_2="{BEAD1234-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" priority="0" shouldbindalldevicetypes="true">

Now search for an appropriate row for the clutch. It starts with <Action id = "Clutch">.

<Axis id="di_slider_0" type="uniDirNeg" deadzone="0.0" saturation="0.5" restricted_device="{00010EB7-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" />

<Axis id="di_z_axis_rotation" type="uniDirNeg" deadzone="0.0" saturation="0.5" restricted_device="{18390EB7-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" />

Since the old assignments are not needed, they should at least be commented out. Then add the new entry to the assignment of the clutch before these lines.

<Axis id="di_x_axis" type="uniDirNeg" deadzone="0.0" saturation="0.5" restricted_device="{BEAD1234-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" />

<!-- Axis id="di_slider_0" type="uniDirNeg" deadzone="0.0" saturation="0.5" restricted_device="{00010EB7-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" /-->

<!-- Axis id="di_z_axis_rotation" type="uniDirNeg" deadzone="0.0" saturation="0.5" restricted_device="{18390EB7-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" /-->

id = "di_x_axis" is my assignment to the clutch pedal on the X-axis in the virtual controller. If you make the assignment on a different axis, the entry should be adjusted accordingly. For example, if the slider_0 is assigned to the virtual joystick, this entry is “di_slider_0”. This is a bit try and error. The saturation of the clutch is set to 50% (0.5). This is the default value of Codemasters for Grid Autosport. It works for me.

After changing and saving the file, the setting in Grid Autosport must be re-called (loading profile), incl. overwriting the old settings. The data for saturation etc. are only then in effect. It should never be called directly and don't assign manually the clutch by pressing the clutch-pedal. In that case you lost all data for saturation and deadzone!

I've adjusted the values of the clutch with 0.5 in the corresponding files in Dirt 3 and Grid 2. Works great :)

InputListing.zip