Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just checked Grid Autosport

164 posts in this topic

Since I wont be getting Sim Commander 3 anytime soon (it seems you cant get it without buying their motion type products), I decided to try using my tablet's hdmi output (I have a Tegra Note 7) to my monitor above my center screen using Dash Meter Pro.

It looks pretty sweet! Works really well... don't know why I didn't try that before.

Sim Commander comes with Sim Vibe.

I'm not sure how it would go on your rig. My rig is all welded steel with heaps of reinforcements and nylock nuts on everything or else it will shake itself apart. But then I do have 8 transducers on my rig. I think the wood itself will handle the vibrations, I'm not sure how you have joint all the bits together, but I guess that would be the weak point. Maybe put some more nails in it or bolt it together.

I don't think that it will come apart...  :) It's quite solid (I roll it back and forth from in front of my tvs when I don't use it). I think that maybe it will vibrate more than anything. I was going to put a mini LFE right under the seat and maybe another somehow by the pedals... with insulators between the seat and the bottom area it bolts to.

Man it adds up though... but I wants it!

Congrats btw Avenga76 on the Codemasters blog. Your simpit is amazing.

I personally find the Codemasters racing games to be my favorite...they're the best balance between sim and racer for me and the EGO engine has always impressed me with its performance. I know there are more "sim" features that it lacks, but for me I don't care. They handle really fun, the graphics have always been beautiful, and it supports "most" of the cool simpit gadgets out there.

Grid Autosport is excellent. Yes I was annoyed to be deceived into thinking I was getting the full detailed cockpits back... I think there is no reason why they can't put them back in... yes it costs a little more...but once the work is done, those assets can be re-used. Also, there seems to be no Track IR support (I use Freetrack), so that means no Oculus Rift support unlike the earlier games.  :( The HD textures make the cars liveries look great, but some of the numbers on the cars still need to be updated.

The other thing I don't like is the super crazy bloom effect they seem to force on all the "street" tracks. Its waaaay to much. (reminds me of the smog look that Grid 1 had, but it had a mod to fix that) At least Grid 2 let you turn this down. This needs to be changed. Options are always the best route...especially on the PC!

Online is fun... but the game does seem to crash on occasion. I'm not happy about DLC as I think it ruins online and separates players. Also the Steam localization is annoying...let us choose for ourselves from ALL servers instead of changing our Steam download location to find servers.

Second screen option works, but sometimes it keeps the game not in focus, and the fps get killed. I can run the game maxed out with 4x MSAA on 5880x1080, 60 fps and it looks great!

Thanks.

Yeah you want to isolate the rig from the ground for maximum effect. I have my rig on rubber vibration isolating feet, they are the kind they use on heavy machinery to stop the vibrations going in to the floor.

Grid Autosport does support TrackIR. It is great because you can spot if any AI are beside you in the corners (they do have a tenancy to hit you in corners but with the TrackIR you can spot them really well)

I have a few things turned down in the graphics and I get around 90fps at 5898x1080

Are your screens 120hz? If they are just 60hz, then you only need the game to run at a constant 60fps. Anything above that is irrelevant, so you could turn up the graphics detail some more as long as you still get 60fps.

I was getting worse performance compared to grid 2, but I used Nvidia inspector to add Grid Auto Sport to Grid 2's profile and my performance was MUCH better.  I use two 670s in SLI.

I forgot... I only have advanced lighting and smoke shadows turned off. Both give little benefit, but hit the fps. Everything else is maxed out and well above 60 fps.

In this order, I find these details to turn down/off to get best fps:

Advanced Lighting

Smoke Shadows

Soft Ambient Occlusion

Ambient Occlusion

Anti Aliasing

So Track IR does work? Hmmm, I hope TrackIR Fixer for Freetrack gets updated.. and I hope Codemasters provides official Oculus Rift support.

Are your screens 120hz? If they are just 60hz, then you only need the game to run at a constant 60fps. Anything above that is irrelevant, so you could turn up the graphics detail some more as long as you still get 60fps.

I was getting worse performance compared to grid 2, but I used Nvidia inspector to add Grid Auto Sport to Grid 2's profile and my performance was MUCH better.  I use two 670s in SLI.

I forgot... I only have advanced lighting and smoke shadows turned off. Both give little benefit, but hit the fps. Everything else is maxed out and well above 60 fps.

In this order, I find these details to turn down/off to get best fps:

Advanced Lighting

Smoke Shadows

Soft Ambient Occlusion

Ambient Occlusion

Anti Aliasing

So Track IR does work? Hmmm, I hope TrackIR Fixer for Freetrack gets updated.. and I hope Codemasters provides official Oculus Rift support.

I like to run it at a bit higher frame rate. It is fine in a race but when I am recording the replays it drops down to round 50fps, it is only on some external camera angles that slow down.

Here are a few Grid Autosport videos with my rig, in the 2nd video I am using my TrackIR.

I like to run it at a bit higher frame rate. It is fine in a race but when I am recording the replays it drops down to round 50fps, it is only on some external camera angles that slow down.

Here are a few Grid Autosport videos with my rig, in the 2nd video I am using my TrackIR.

Awesome vids Avenga!;)

I can't rent (or get a PS3 demo) for Grid Autosport yet, but I hate one thing in the videos: The damned "impossible-not-to-recover" traction loss, when you steer too much.
It just looks like every time the weight transfer is supposed to punish you, you're suddenly on rails. Wait: I get it, there's no weight transfer implemented in the game?

I can't rent (or get a PS3 demo) for Grid Autosport yet, but I hate one thing in the videos: The damned "impossible-not-to-recover" traction loss, when you steer too much.

It just looks like every time the weight transfer is supposed to punish you, you're suddenly on rails. Wait: I get it, there's no weight transfer implemented in the game?

I see you repaired the F430 wheel;) Some new vids coming?

I know... i know!  this is an old thread but...

i just had an issue the other day (i've been playing this for a while now) where steam seemed to update, and now the mini map and the gauge cluster are on the far left and right screens (i run triples) instead of on the center screen.

i also know i shouldn't have to USE either of the mini maps or the gauge cluster but i've been playing this for so long i'm almost lost with out them on the center screen. does anyone have any tips for getting these back on the center screen in a triple screen config?

Has your view become 'stretched'?? Been a while since i played it but i know codies titles have a habit of becoming stretched for some reason!! I had this with the F1 titles until I was told to 'alt + enter' which takes it out of stretched view!!

Just a thought!

what was weird is that it was playing fine. then for some whatever reason it, while playing, dropped into 'windowed' mode and paused. this sometimes happens when another program pops up in the background (really annoying but doesn't happen often, but this time nothing popped up so it's like it did it on its own) so yes, i did alt+enter to get it back to full screen and that's when the gauges and mini map got put on the outer screens (mini map on far left, gauge cluster on far right). then the next time i played i needed to update steam to actually launch the game again so... i'm wondering if it was an update.. probably not but....

guess i'll tinker with my screen resolution maybe.