Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just checked Grid Autosport

164 posts in this topic

So my key for steam has just been emailed to me.....doing pre-load now.....it's gonna kill me still not being able to play it tonight!!!! Codemasters.....u suck for keeping the UK waiting like this!!

Got mine to 11pm release lol.

CHEERS! :D

Ingame wheel weight 0% for me ..FFB on 100% ...ont the wheel 100% too 

What is your setup? and what is the FFB that you dont like?

Appreciate your help, but iv came to the conclusion the game is just not for me, kind of expected a simcade but to me its more of a full on arcade racer

Appreciate your help, but iv came to the conclusion the game is just not for me, kind of expected a simcade but to me its more of a full on arcade racer

Dissagree, just give it a full chance:))) really is simcade ,not less than simcade!

@barclay138, if the game is not for you, thats fine. Please play something else.

I dont like iracing one bit, but I leave it at that. And yes I did play it.

As for Autosport, a friend told me it borders somewhere between grid2 and race 07 for him. I will buy it later and have a go myself. Besides, we have a motion plugin for it already.

I liked grid2 online even though out of 12 of us, 8 were on controllers, 2 on wheel and pedals at a desk and 2 on motion sims. Its an all in for fun lobby. If you regularly race with the same guys, you can lock down a server and race at your leisure , and not have to put up with deliberate wreckers, unless its demo derby race of course.

Just wait till it goes on sale if need be for autosport.

@barclay138, if the game is not for you, thats fine. Please play something else.

As for Autosport, a friend told me it borders somewhere between grid2 and race 07 for him. I will buy it later and have a go myself. Besides, we have a motion plugin for it already.

I liked grid2 online even though out of 12 of us, 8 were on controllers, 2 on wheel and pedals at a desk and 2 on motion sims. Its an all in for fun lobby. If you regularly race with the same guys, you can lock down a server and race at your leisure , and not have to put up with deliberate wreckers, unless its demo derby race of course.

I tried it out with my GS-4 seat and simvibe, the motion is good. Feels the same as the other codemasters games. I had to use the F1 2013 plugin until it is officially supported.

Don't get me wrong it's not a terrible game, it's just not for me but in saying that i have actually found it to be enjoyable with a xbox controller rather than my wheel, personally i tried many many settings for my wheel but all iv really played on my wheel is sim style games so it does feel a bit odd/different

no offense intended to any1 enjoy whatever you enjoy and have fun

I tried it out with my GS-4 seat and simvibe, the motion is good. Feels the same as the other codemasters games. I had to use the F1 2013 plugin until it is officially supported.

Oh BTW speaking of motion, I tried Spa-Francorchamps and Eau Rouge is such an amazing corner in the GS-4 seat. I tried it in a formula C and the G-forces going up the hill felt so awesome. It is takes like that that really let you feel the motion.

Ok to start with anyone using a T500 what are your settings?

Did my first race in career mode, and wow i am pleasantly surprised by how good this is. Only comparing it to other GRID titles but i actually felt like effort was put into having to catch and overtake the AI, mind you they can be aggressive and bumpy but these AI are very fun to race especially when they make mistakes flipping through the air hehe. i did a 9 lap race in the touring car and took team Oakley and qualified 7th but finished 9th i was fighting for 9th place for 5 laps and managed to grab it before the last corner and felt like i earned it. for a SIMCADE title it's very good so good that it's 1am and i wan't to play more but i'm tired ;lol

The touring car sounds are nice and the overall appearance is quite good i thought the blurred cockpit would annoy me but you don't notice it at all, well i don't. I'm yet to find a good T500 setting so please share, overall a good game so far :)

CHEERS! :D

The AI is pretty fun to play against.

I was racing the Formula C class and two of the AI wreaked up ahead and one of them lost a rear wheel. It looked pretty cool as the brakes and suspension sparked along the ground as he skidded to a stop further down the track.

It is good to have something that is just fun to drive. That is why I like DiRT 3, it doesn't have to have the best physics or the best graphics but as long as it is fun to drive then it is all good.

I agree, bought it out of curiosity with low expectations. Far exceeded in terms of fun.

Not often I get the rush of racing when going against AI, but I have for two days now.

The Touring car series is a blast, just be sure your 5 point is done up tight, you'll need it!

Time to download the SimInstruments patch for Grid Autosport. Man those guys are on it!

EDIT: First time running the SimInstruments dashboard, man that is so sweet.

4 hours in... all in the Touring car discipline... having a total blast with the game.  I am very happy with my purchase.

However, Codemasters... Why did they include real-world tracks in reverse configurations in the career mode?  It is sacrilige running these world famous tracks in reverse.  Just did Red Bull Ring in reverse... it's terrible.  If you made us do Laguna Seca in reverse, everyone would be crying bloody murder.  Totally not looking forward to Mount Panorama in reverse.  Really wish you left the real-world circuit reverse layouts (that aren't used in real life) out of the career mode events and only for online and custom single player events.

4 hours in... all in the Touring car discipline... having a total blast with the game.  I am very happy with my purchase.

However, Codemasters... Why did they include real-world tracks in reverse configurations in the career mode?  It is sacrilige running these world famous tracks in reverse.  Just did Red Bull Ring in reverse... it's terrible.  If you made us do Laguna Seca in reverse, everyone would be crying bloody murder.  Totally not looking forward to Mount Panorama in reverse.  Really wish you left the real-world circuit reverse layouts (that aren't used in real life) out of the career mode events and only for online and custom single player events.

I did Mount Panorama in reverse last night for one of the Racenet challenges. It was a total mind f**k. I am a New Zealander so I know the track well from watching the Bathurst 1000 each year. It just felt so wrong going the wrong way up the mountain.

Well , every opinion here have truth inside....it depends what you seek in games....my top priority is fun factor.....ofcourse here is place for Simracers and better phisics is a huge Pro. Guys ,just dont forget that Codies build games for the mass market. Its the same to buy Nike sport shoes from a store and in Track`n`Fields forum to bash them how bad they are for a Olympic games run;)

Man, I am having a blast in this game. I have been trying out some Racenet Challenges. Got a platinum medal in the Indy cars at Indianapolis.

Did a few reverse laps of Spa at night in the touring cars which was pretty awesome. Eau Rouge is quite scary downhill because it is a blind crest, almost reminds me of the corkscrew at Laguna Seca.

Yes the physics are arcadey, I left foot brake and hold the slide through the corner. But it is very fun to drive. It is a good distraction from all the serious sims.

Don't get me wrong it's not a terrible game, it's just not for me but in saying that i have actually found it to be enjoyable with a xbox controller rather than my wheel, personally i tried many many settings for my wheel but all iv really played on my wheel is sim style games so it does feel a bit odd/different

no offense intended to any1 enjoy whatever you enjoy and have fun

no offense taken, sorry if I sounded snappy

I did Mount Panorama in reverse last night for one of the Racenet challenges. It was a total mind f**k. I am a New Zealander so I know the track well from watching the Bathurst 1000 each year. It just felt so wrong going the wrong way up the mountain.

yes reverse track is a curly one, even on GRID2.

Simvibe update released;)

Downloading it right now. Let's see if I find a quite moment to try the first laps later on.