Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just checked Grid Autosport

164 posts in this topic

btw there is a mod that removes the blury cocpits view and makes it clear...I am not sure which one is better, cuz in the clear view you see open wheeler`s wheel rims are just painted not digital displays working;) but you can try it and decide

! Make a backup of cars folder to avoid new reinstall in case that you want to revert the classic blury view!

Woohoo. I am happy!

The game finally unlocked. It took me around an hour to get all my gauges and motion working using the F1 2013 plug in.

The new zoomed in view is the perfect FOV for my rig. I am using the no blur mod with the virtual wheel disabled. I am really digging it.

Here is a quick photo from the Formula C.

IMG_0043_zps8a30932b.jpg

Man your setup is awesome....Every time I saw  I say woow;)

Btw can you do something like review gauge by gauge explanation  etc - in which titles - what used ....

This setup deserves close exploration:)

Man your setup is awesome....Every time I saw  I say woow;)

Btw can you do something like review gauge by gauge explanation  etc - in which titles - what used ....

This setup deserves close exploration:)

Thanks.

Yeah I want to do some videos on that. I am just trying to get my mic setup good so I can do voice overs.

I did this video on my gauges a while back. It was one of my first videos so the lighting and sound is terrible. But the Euro truck game one has had like 27,000 view, most my other videos only get 500-2,000 views so I am guessing people like the sort of hardware based videos. I have so much gear on my rig that I could make quite a nice series, I just need to get over my fear of public speaking :)

and btw what is the "second screen" option? Sounds like split screen;)

The second screen option is just the coolest thing ever. It is a standings and tv replay screen. I will take a photo of it.

i Was just thinking as i tried this game out i needed a full size track map ( not just the bit your on) . Gonna get on and try it now .

Anyone looked at Racenet offerings ?  Actually looks pretty neat , Organises online races and challenges bit like GT does i think . Also get a full on club going with ya own liveries and leaderboard!

How connects this 2nd screen - I mean through another video output or?

I run all my screens through my single GTX680. 2 of them are DVI, one is HDMI and the top one is Displayport.

Btw  the game can`t see Clutch pedal;( CSR Elite connected to the GT2 wheel

I can't get my clutch going either

i Was just thinking as i tried this game out i needed a full size track map ( not just the bit your on) . Gonna get on and try it now .

Anyone looked at Racenet offerings ?  Actually looks pretty neat , Organises online races and challenges bit like GT does i think . Also get a full on club going with ya own liveries and leaderboard!

Yeah the Racenet stuff looks pretty cool. I am in the Official Codemasters DiRT club :)

I have clutch , I have clutch:))

What I did - uninstall Fanatec drivers....start the wheel and put in PS3 mode . Windows will see it like G25. In Grid - G25 too.

Everything works and you have more options in Logitech profiler than the Fanatec control panel.

FFB is great. The only con for now is that Fanaleds don`t see it and can`t use you lcd for it. 

For Fanatec advanced users with CSW isnt so good to be without some exrta like analog sticks etc.

But for CSR and Porsche users is great!

I have clutch , I have clutch:))

What I did - uninstall Fanatec drivers....start the wheel and put in PS3 mode . Windows will see it like G25. In Grid - G25 too.

Everything works and you have more options in Logitech profiler than the Fanatec control panel.

FFB is great. The only con for now is that Fanaleds don`t see it and can`t use you lcd for it. 

For Fanatec advanced users with CSW isnt so good to be without some exrta like analog sticks etc.

But for CSR and Porsche users is great!

I heard people doing that on the Steam forum but I don't want to do that. I am hoping that my DSD pedals will work better with Grid. They are on their way! They have left the states!

I didnt hear that ,maybe because I dont dig in Steam,but guessed to check;)

Yes, in the case that you wait DSD`s no absolute any reason to do that.

The steam forum has been pretty funny today, just full of trolls moaning about the cockpit view. I am glad this forum isn't like that. a lot of people seem unable to look past the blurry cockpit and see that Grid is fun game to play.

What is their complain??? That the cockpit isnt HD?? When we drive cars and Motorcycles - the blury is the most realistic to mimic the real one...because we look at the road not at the HD leather on the cars interior!:)

What is their complain??? That the cockpit isnt HD?? When we drive cars and Motorcycles - the blury is the most realistic to mimic the real one...because we look at the road not at the HD leather on the cars interior! :)

Yeah they want HD and working gauges etc. It doesn't bother me because I can't see the dash when I am driving anyway and I don't like the virtual steering wheel so I am so glad that you can turn them off.

They are the people who are used to that normal horribly wide cockpit you normally get on console, they type of people who rave about the hand animations in Assetto Corsa and project cars.

I totally agree with you, your focus is out on the road. I am not going stop and admire the amazing modelling they did on the air conditioning vents or something while I am racing.

So my key for steam has just been emailed to me.....doing pre-load now.....it's gonna kill me still not being able to play it tonight!!!! Codemasters.....u suck for keeping the UK waiting like this!!