Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just checked Grid Autosport

164 posts in this topic

Another great thing is that Codies added 2 cockpit cams and I preffer this one without the wheel and hands...

That is massive for me because I used to spend ages editting XML files to get the FOV right so you can't see the hands or wheel.

That is massive for me because I used to spend ages editting XML files to get the FOV right so you can't see the hands or wheel.

Yes, I hate cockpit view with wheel and hands:)) I got my own wheel and my own hands:)

Perfect for both ...and both you will find in Grid Autosport:) This is what I am using there. My Grid Autosport is fot the consoled and editing is impossible so lucky me/us codies did the job ;)

This view is realistic if you sit on pilot`s place and use your wheel...other views with hands and wheel are as you said distracting and consume too much from the screen.

This is F1 2013 and DiRT 3 after messing with the FOV and camera position. Seeing the virtual wheel and hands is really distracting for me and I always turn them off if I can.

IMG_9988_zpsdbf6a649.jpg

IMG_9980_zps776b38ba.jpg

what do you use to get the dash data out of Dirt?

so , today is the 24th......game is supposed to be released in the US today , and hopefully Canada. Anyone see if its available yet?

Not release until Friday this week in the UK :(

Bargain!!! Just ordered mine......nice one buddy

No worries Bargain hunter me! ;)

CHEERS! :D

Not release until Friday this week in the UK :(

No worries Bargain hunter me! ;)

CHEERS! :D

Dude.....did u get your Download Key??? If said within 5 minutes it'll be in your account folder......still waiting!!!!!

Strange thing is that cockpit view was there even in Grid 2...for any reason Codies decide to hide it ....infact all cam mods with cocpit view are touched camera xml file and FOV changed to show the cockpit...and even after so many complains codies didnt show it with patch...really strange

It probably just comes down to a time thing to make high resolution cockpits.

Personally I think it is great that they have brought back cockpit view and I am glad they have added an zoomed in cockpit view because that looks perfect for my rig.

If you watch any of my DiRT 3 videos you will see that I change the FOV to look right on my rig. This would take me hours of tweaking the XML files because you couldn't change it in race so I would have to make a change then start a race then quit out to try a new setting. You couldn't turn off the virtual wheel either so it was a pain getting that out of the frame. I would have to move the seat forward and up and change the FOV till I got something that looked right, it was different for each car so everytime I changed car I would have to spend ages messing with the XML files.

I am hoping I can just leave it in zoomed cockpit and it will be sweet. 

As you can see from my photos above I can't see much of the dash etc so the low res textures don't bother me. There is already a mod to turn off the blur. http://www.racedepartment.com/resources/cockpit-cam-no-blur.2553/

yeah I played it for several hours last night. Zoomed cockpit view is good - wish it could be adjusted but better that arms and steering wheel. I started a career on the very hard setting and have won a few races in the 3 seasons I played last night - you fast guys are going to clean up on this game I think.

Zoomed cockpit view is good - wish it could be adjusted but better that arms and steering wheel. 

You could probably edit the XML files like you can in other Codemasters games to adjust the camera.

TOTALLY agree Avenga. love the zoomed in view. MIGHT be the best view I've seen in a game, I'll let you know when my triples are up again. 

Sweet. I will take some shots of it on my rig also.

I'm on triples, using the regular cockpit view with the in-car wheel disabled (found in the advanced wheel options).  I think it's just fine.  I believe the game recognizes that you have triple screen and adjusts the FOV for that.  I'd say it's maybe 5-10 degrees of FOV off of what I'd use with iRacing (which I have properly calculated/calibrated).  I find the "dash" (zoomed in) camera is too far ahead for where I sit in comparison to my monitor setup.

The blurry cockpit is lazy, but even worse is the lack of working mirrors.  Really wish the mirrors worked.  But beyond that it doesn't bother me too much, definitely not a game breaker.

Physics are arcade, but not in a bad or sloppy way like Grid 2 or Shift.  And you still have to be on the edge to be competitive, and you can't be sloppy as the car damage and AI will make you pay.  And the AI isn't dirty... they're just good reasonably agressive rubbing is racing kind of AI.

I love the instant interaction with you and your pitwall and teammate.  This is a great feature.

I love the career mode progression format... so happy that I don't need to do races I don't want to (even though I'll probably complete it all by the end).

I am very happy that there's a "full" race weekend and each discipline has it's own rule set.  Touring Cars are two race events, first race based on qualifying, second race grid is the reverse finishing order of first race... so if you win the first race, you got to work real hard to win the second race.  So much fun.

Really happy with this purchase.

Another 24 hours for us in the UK.....which is wrong considering codies are a UK company...surely we should have first dibs or at least be the same time as everybody else.....not happy with codemasters for this!!! If they pull that stunt with the next F1 title then I won't buy it!!! (Which is a total lie because of course I will, I'm just venting here!!)

Yeah, there are a lot of angry people over on the steam forums.

People have brought the DVD version and they can't even play that because steam hasn't unlocked it yet.

It is now 6 hours past the release time for Australia and New Zealand.

I hope you guys don't have this problem when your release time comes around.