Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just checked Grid Autosport

164 posts in this topic

Hi,Guys Just checked Grid Autosport and I am pretty impressed from the changes after Grid 2. The game is really , really better IMO. I tested it on both old consoles PS3 and Xbox 360. Version for PC will be even better - with more functions in options menu I mean.

Delivered to Bulgaria,Europe. I never mentioned still , but I am making GP Academy here ( GP Akademia) - its like driving school for boys and girls that wanna start simracing;) So my main partner is the major Game suplier here. In fact my GP Akademia  is in one of their shops. So this is the explanation in short;)

Check the akademia here: http://gpakademia.com/ if you want.

Its on bulgarian, because is for bulgarian simracing fans;)

So in general I have games around me alot;) Ofcourse touching Autosport is unofficial now! But life is too short to wait even few days - if you can skip that waiting!:)

After quick gameplay I like it...still dont test it with H shifter and clutch . The menu is much much better than Grid 2. If you are familiar with older Grid titles - you will see so many things that are fixed and made better.

Been waiting for a console title with practice, qualifying, and tyre wear for so long. Race Pro was allmost that title but never lived up to its potential and had no option to fully disable speed sensitive steering, so didn't cut it for me. I hope it doent have the boaty floaty pysics and supersonic acceleration of Grid 1 lol. Looking forward to this :)

Krassi, what are you first impressions of the handling pysics in comparison to Forza 4?

Been waiting for a console title with practice, qualifying, and tyre wear for so long. Race Pro was allmost that title but never lived up to its potential and had no option to fully disable speed sensitive steering, so didn't cut it for me. I hope it doent have the boaty floaty pysics and supersonic acceleration of Grid 1 lol. Looking forward to this :)

Krassi, what are you first impressions of the handling pysics in comparison to Forza 4?

Let me play few hours and I will tell you my opinion....the game is really better than Grid 2, but  is still from Grid family and some things still are common for it.

However there si so much content in it like car types and race types - that Grid 2 looks like a demo.

For the Xobx 360 this is the last great racing title , so it worths every dime;)

Just SimCommander 3.

Can it be used with other software or will it only for with the SimXperience software.

I want to have a chat with you about DIY motion at some stage. I want to add a 2DOF setup to my rig but I don't have the room for something like the SimXperience one. I like your Deskracer design.

Just SimCommander 3.

Can it be used with other software or will it only for with the SimXperience software.

I want to have a chat with you about DIY motion at some stage. I want to add a 2DOF setup to my rig but I don't have the room for something like the SimXperience one. I like your Deskracer design.

Sure drop us a line via PM is needed.

Cheers, David.

I will make a video of my GS-4 seat at some stage. My seat is a bit hard to show while I am racing because all the servos and moving panels are under the seat cover. I have seen other videos of the GS-4 seat and none of them really show how cool it feels. I would guess it would be the same with most motion simulators because it is all about feel. Same goes for my transducer setup, you can see all the transducers but you don't really appreciate it until you try it in person.

I use motion in other codemasters games like DiRT 3 and F1 2013 and they have pretty good motion support, not so good Simvibe or gauge support because they don't output any suspension or oil/water temp telemetry. Grid Auto Sport is still using the Ego engine so it should be the same sort of motion support.

Dave has some videos in his build thread of other Codemaster games so it should be similar to that.

After testting on both - xbox360 and PS3 , gotta say that in Xbox360 the FFB isnt good...whe wheel stays damped no matter what I did with Fanatec wheel options...for example no FFB when you step on the curbs...well its not like without FFB ,but its not good.

On PS3 different story - strong FFB with sam esettings like in xbox 360. Curbs make the wheel jumping:) In presset choise you have G25 ,but also CSR Elite wheel:)  The added kinda support maybe,but anyway in PS3 mode all Fanatecs mimic g25.

In xbix 360 you can choose only MS FFB wheel.

On both platforms clutch + H shifter works great. For the test I used Fanatec Porsche GT2 + CSR Elite pedals on Porsche style .

The game is fun and alot of options for races....I hope they will fix the FFB with title update. If you have MS wheel I am 99% sure everything will be fine. I have one around ,but lazy to test it;)

In xbox360 like all Codies titles - graphics looks a little better.Ot at least this seems to me.

In PC will be the best way to play it - more options and in time modders will fix everything unwanted:)

For example I dont like this efect like GPU artifacts when you hit something:)

Well the FFB on 360 isnt so bad , just  a bit weaker than PS3...

Another great thing is that Codies added 2 cockpit cams and I preffer this one without the wheel and hands...