Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ferrari Virtual Academy

44 posts in this topic

My biggest issue seems to be locking up the brakes, if you're not close to locking at every turn then you're not braking hard/late enough to be competitive. Hitting the brakes at 100% then feathering them off slowly seems to work nice, but locking is still a big issue for me, and the main reason im not able to push into consistantly.

I will push into 57 territory tonight i think, just need to work myself into a groove and then put it all together. about to have a blast!

Tnx BigBazz! That's probably where my 10-15 seconds are hiding....If I can get this it will help in my iRacing as well since that probably explains my slowness there (although faster than I was earlier.)

Tnx BigBazz! That's probably where my 10-15 seconds are hiding....If I can get this it will help in my iRacing as well since that probably explains my slowness there (although faster than I was earlier.)

Drive slow and learn the groove of the track first, get used to the gears. look at the telemetry for massa's lap as a general guide for the gear to be using as you enter/drive through the corner. If it helps, this is how i generally approach the track.

1st corner - 2nd gear

2nd/3rd corner (high speed section) = 4th

4th corner (right, around and up the hill) = 2nd gear

5th corner (Right, down the hill) = 2nd/3rd (2nd is easier for control, but 3rd works nice if you can line it up perfect)

6th corner (Nasty hairpin) - Braking hard just before the traffic cones, down to 1st gear, easing off the brakes as you begin to turn.

7th/8th corner - full throttle all the way through.

9th (final) corner - just before the 2nd white marker begin to brake hard down to 2nd gear.

Thanks BigBazz!

Did another few laps and was trying to focus on the braking...did break 1:10 (1:09 and change.) Looking at the telemetry the big difference is I'm not at full throttle between T2 and the bridge (hill) and Massa is. I'm also backing off at T7/T8...not full throttle. If I can get to Full Throttle at that point I'll be a lot closer.

No....I'm G27...seemed to set up without a hitch. Do they even list it as an option?

either of you guys have a Fanatec Wheel / clubsport pedals?? I'm having a bear of a time getting mine setup

G27 user also : The sim is strange, having to full lock on some of the corners left me confused, especially compared to how sensitive and easily F1 cars turn in other games, not sure if thats your issue. For what its worth, the games configuration tools do not actually work for me, i had to configure my wheel in the control panel, which then worked in game, with the "Custom" profile selected in the games config options.

Edit : Had the chance to play a little but not as much as id wanted, a 57.771 is my best so far.

I like the sim personally. Yes it's a git to turn in at low speeds but it is how I expected it to be.

I thought F1 cars had little or no downforce at low speeds resulting in understeer so just assumed that was the reason, But I may be wrong.

It does look very pretty though, even on my system.

I like the sounds also. It seems accurate to me.

It must be good if it seems good value at 15 euros, for 1 track and 1 car. And I reckon it is, purely for the quality.

I have found the logitech profiler does work, But that may be because I recently updated the software!

Would really like more tracks though. Love nurburgring and Mugello. Here's hoping they don't ask us for more money when they are available.

Fiorano is a very difficult track to learn in my opinion. I normally like to turn off the ideal line because it puts me off, But its hard here without.

Running 59.733 at the moment with no aids, but hoping to hit 58's soon. Just need one lap where I don't screw up anywhere. Easier said than done!

I'm running a high 58 right now, furious about it - my G27 pedals are really causing me a lot of problems. Last night they started flying out the back of my cockpit (I have gotten more comfortable and more forceful with braking and acceleration). Clamped the pedals down, now I can feel how very inaccurate they are with no movement at all.

I am sure I can take a lot of time off once my CSPs get here.

I also noticed the graphics engine is very limited, I don't get much far distance details on the side screens, little bit strange seeing trees blink in and out.

I envy you SeaFoam for having a triple screen set up, And yes I reckon you could be right about having a stable pedal set up. Mine move around alot cos my wheel is attached to a pc desk, bit naff I know, but my missus works in the same room so space is limited.

May try attaching the pedals to the wall sometime in the future, but was considering moving the whole set up around 90 degrees so I'm along the wall instead of against it.

Still learning the track though so hopeful I can get into the 58's or better given enough sim time!

Jeez those guys running in the 56's are talented simmers. Just managed a 58.875 secs. Can't see me ever getting close to those times.

Definitely gonna stabilise my pedals though, Really annoying me now!

Still impressed with the sim!

If Codemasters F1 game is close to this, I'm gonna be late for work on a regular basis.

if you dont like the 15 euro price tag you can try 'Ferrari Virtual Race' for free.

It has the 599 GTB, the 612 and the 340 CS on the Autodromo Mugello. I always go off at the first corner because I counter steer.. while the awful arcade physics have already decided that it wants to deal with the problem personally.

You have to enable a mode called 'Arcade Plus' ( :roll: ) just to stop the electronic overlord doing it, but even then its still messing with the car.

I do not understand how you could make a drift mod for a game with forced auto countersteer...

Jeez those guys running in the 56's are talented simmers. Just managed a 58.875 secs. Can't see me ever getting close to those times.

Definitely gonna stabilise my pedals though, Really annoying me now!

Still impressed with the sim!

If Codemasters F1 game is close to this, I'm gonna be late for work on a regular basis.

I don't think talented is the word for it. A lot of them are using the run off areas. I think Ferrari should ban that shit right now - it's a simulation, you can't use the run-offs in real F1 constantly without a penalty.

You can slightly cut some areas (worth a little time) and you can cause the cars backend to come out to take a corner, with the result of overcoming the understeer, allowing you to get back on the throttle faster... Either way, to get those lap times you have to be crazy talented/skilled regardless, it takes a lot of skill to drive the car in that way.

Anyway, just had a go of FVA again today after a break, doing other things and playing other games.... Its so damn good, from the moment i left the garage i had a smile on my face, i love when these sims put a smile on my face, the car is really cheaky but it rewards you, this sim feels so solid now. I think when i first played it i was too dialed in to playing a very pointy car in FSone 2009 which made this feel really understeery. After coming to it with a fresh perspective it just feels better than ever.

Can't wait for the new tracks to be released, cant wait to get stuck in. especially if tomorrow when i get F1 2010, i am left feeling empty as others have been. We shall see though.

This game is quite cheap, and i recommend it to anyone who wants a solid piece of ferrari simulation. Great graphics, great physics, great force feedback and great fun.

I purchased FVA for the reason to help support the development of Assetto Corsa and bought the full package which is more mod size than anything but overall it's pretty good driving great physics and tire models the cars reaction to curbing is proper IMO unlike some of the other sime out there.

Kunos stated they were using all funds from NKP and FVA to fund Assetto so in my book it was a good buy for a good reason.

Is there an English website to buy Academy? Not sure about buying when I cant read what it all says.Even my paypal not sure of price. :oops:
The website should automatically select the English language by default.

The URL is: http://www.ferrarivirtualacademy.com/ga ... wnload.jsp and the cost is now under 15 Euros.

All proceeds now go directly to Kunos, so it's well worth buying FVA for 2 reasons - (1) FVA is a fantastic simulation and (2) a purchase will help fund Assetto Corsa development ;)

Cheers.

I want to support Assetto Corsa development as well.

Will FVA run on Athlon xp 2,2 GHZ and Geforce 6800 ultra and 1 GB of RAM?

thx

edit:

I checked minimum requirements so my specs are within it. I hope it will work fine.

edit2:

I bought the game for just 9,90Euro, all package!

I wish I had a better PC, because it lacks performance with this game now. So I postpone practicing this title for some time until I get a beter machine. At least I supported Assetto Corsa buying the title now :-)