Martini themed SimXperience Stage 4 / Accuforce / Triple Projector - build thread
45 45

91 posts in this topic

WOW :shock:  switchface, Is all I can say on this. I really Hope it all does fit/work in you're new house and that room. I'm so jealous :mrgreen: of your New Toy's all that Fancy Fine Equipment NICE :!: Please keep the pic's coming, as you get it all setup and a video of you using it would make me SO MUCH MORE JEALOUS then now. Good Golly it must be Nice to be Rich :D switchface, it is really a super nice setup all kidding aside :roll:

Thanks Stone!  I remember when I got my Fanatec CSR wheel and Elite Pedals, I thought "yikes, this was expensive and I'm not doing as well compared to the controller".  It's funny how your budget on this hobby seems to spiral.  I'm definitely not rich, I've been saving/window shopping on the sidelines for a long time.  I've had a lot of fun living vicariously through everyone's threads/videos that it almost scratched my itch for a bit.  Now that I'm building my setup, I want something over the top.

I will definitely keep updating this thread as progress evolves.  My PC parts should begin to arrive tomorrow...

Switchface, I'm really happy for you my friend, that is the exact same rig that I would like to purchase some day, after a lot of saving of course :)

It's a great rig, looking forward to your updates moving forward, take care.

Great looking setup - I don't know what I'm missing out on as I've never tried a motion rig. Be sure to provide plenty of feedback on the added immersion.

Make sure you do this justice and create a nice racing environment in the room too. A special rig deserves a special home :)

Welcome to the world of simulation and what a entry you made too. Great selection of equipment you made.

Looking good so far, keep us up to date with the progress.

Love it!!

I say you should move it next to the window and then hang your arm out of the open window like you do when going on a Sunday drive.  That would certainly give your neighbors something to talk about :smile:

Edit: ......and then paint a race car on the wall outside :-)

Sean - thanks man, while I don't know much about PC's, I can see we're going to be ROG brothers.

Maya - have you finished your 'Porsche replica rig'?  That was part of my inspiration to go with a Martini theme on mine.

Darin - thanks for commenting, I blame your videos for driving me to this!

Space - Nick said it best, once you try motion, everything else just doesn't have the same impact.  I can put it like this, I know Laguna like the back of my hand.  I was there for Porsche's Rennsport Reunion and I've done countless laps on the old Gran Turismos and Forzas.  I feel comfortable there.  On CXC's motion rig, I was sweating and nervous as if there were consequences for my actions! 

nipzon - I really like the immersion you created with your tube roll cage/chassis.  I'm hoping to have a similar situation given how the rig completely fills the room.  I'm thinking of painting the wall behind the screens like you did as well, nice backdrop.  Does the iPad work well for your setup?

U.N.K.L.E. - Ha!  You're kidding, but I joked to my girlfriend that I could put red and white stripes on the edge of the black mat to replicate curbing, and then close off the room with a cockpit door.  But its not moving anywhere...this thing is heavy!

Hey Griff, no fapping drooling on the equipment!  lol

PC parts have arrived!

Intel Core i5-4670K
Asus Maximus VII Hero Motherboard
Corsair H105 CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Memory
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD Drive(OS)
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Storage
EVGA GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Graphics w/backplate
Corsair AX860 Fully Modular Power Supply
Corsair Air 540 Cube
2X Corsair SP120's for the Rad
3X Corsair AF140's for the case airflow
NZXT Hue RGB L.E.D.'s with Controller

There is a red and blue theme, so the cables will be sleeved mostly navy and light blue to hopefully continue to tie in my Martini livery theme.  I need to order another sound card as the one I had to run the dual buttkickers is PCI; apparently I need PCI-Express.