Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 days just practicing, and !

6 posts in this topic

I'm still rubbish,

I've played most sims, I don't usually suck, I even win some, on and offline,

But this game, I'm flat out , neat, comfortable, clean lapping, using drs and jerks right, not overs steering, or under, in fact to look over my shoulder and watch, I look good :)

But I'm at best, very best, melbourne, in amature for A1, I'm 7 seconds off, and 22nd.

Have I got a dodgy copy? Surely not,

So can someone give me some setting, for my g27, maybe I have it wrong, and for car setting,I've probably got that wrong,

I seriously can't see 7 seconds is available.

I'm nearly beaten on this game. If I could conbine ghost recon with this game, I'd shoot em all and blow the stupid F1 up

:)

I feel your pain with this title. Though I have not had the time to do a lot of simracing, I do own this game (bought it when it was on sale a month ago) and like you struggle to do a decent lap time. I know it is not my hardware so I can only assume it is the software holding the wheel.I am sure I just need to spend more time  to learn how to drive the tracks better, finding my braking points etc...

But I have other sims I like to drive and as nice as this one looks it is near the bottom of my list. I prefer NetKar Pro, Game Stock Car, Race 07 and Assetto Corsa more.Though I would like to at some point get a taste of Project Cars to see how it drives.

These F1 titles Codemasters puts out are just tough. I put some serious time into F1 2010 and never pulled off a podium finish. Some people like that constant challenge, but for me it made me feel defeated after a while. I tried F1 2013 and had the same experience. My reflexes just arent fast enough I guess. Thats why I cant play FPS games, I'm too slow to aim. 

These F1 titles Codemasters puts out are just tough. I put some serious time into F1 2010 and never pulled off a podium finish. Some people like that constant challenge, but for me it made me feel defeated after a while. I tried F1 2013 and had the same experience. My reflexes just arent fast enough I guess. Thats why I cant play FPS games, I'm too slow to aim. 

You are just the guy I would want to multi-player with! :)

1:31

That's my time at melbourne in force India, I'm on a long full weekend, 50% race, in practise! amature mode! with mid traction control! otherwise no assists. I've got parce ferme off, so I can tweak still.

I'm 1st after 40 minutes :)

Just tweaked and tested, and slowly getting something out.

Got a next level racing wheel stand coming, the ultimate v2, it may help, I can add the seat to make the full gt ultimate rig in future,.

Looks a nice quality built piece of kit, all adjustable, will probably find a league to join soon, but I still live GPL., wouldn't mind a good Aussie V 8 ?