Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forza 5 race Saturday 3rd May 9:00pm (21:00) GMT

77 posts in this topic

Urgh.. I was reasonably quick yesterday, but seem to have completely screwed over the setups I lucked into.. 

There are so many parameters it makes my head hurt to even try and understand what all the components do. After about 50 laps total I'd probably say I've got the braking points down.. Will be kind of nice trying to get to grips with spring dampness settings and the like for the rest of the week :/

These cars are nice to drive though, and in my opinion are perfect for Spa..

The Aston brakes a bit better, but the Viper seems to be more drivable for me.. Plus I'd say without having tried two of the five, the Viper is best visibility. Will check out the Vette and BMW shortly.

I've only driven Ferrari so far so can't compare it to any other car.  Have driven Viper but only at stock setting during the Bounty Hunter.

Ferrari's rear end likes to step out in corner entry but I think it was me getting used to the car; need to adjust driving to suit an MR with 58% rear weight!

Cockpit driving is 2 seconds slower than over-the-hood view but I suppose more practice would close the gap . . .

I've only driven Ferrari so far so can't compare it to any other car.  Have driven Viper but only at stock setting during the Bounty Hunter.

Ferrari's rear end likes to step out in corner entry but I think it was me getting used to the car; need to adjust driving to suit an MR with 58% rear weight!

Cockpit driving is 2 seconds slower than over-the-hood view but I suppose more practice would close the gap . . .

If its rear is stepping out then you likely have to tweak the set-up. If you've downloaded one then I'd suggest finding another; as these cars should be a dream to drive.. 

It could be too high deceleration Diff; or obviously something fundamental to do with your suspension if you're doing the set-up yourself

Not a fan of that Ferrari.. Although I only rented, I'm sure it would be great tuned up and set up properly. Also, you cannot rent a car and put a tune on it.. Like I said yesterday though, they're all quite similar so I don't think it makes too much difference if you have to just pick one and stick with it. I'd personally go for whichever cockpit is easier to handle

Just FYI. I've been doing long races recently to acquire cash.. Assists all off, 15 AI on unbeatable.. Do the 20 laps around Spa in Free Play and you'll get a few hundred thousand easy if you get a podium.. Plus you have cheaplays-replays if needed :) 

Freeplay 20 laps is a great idea for race preparations.  

I use my own tunes for races such as this and I started the process yesterday but had less than an hour to find paint, build, and test so only had very limited time for adjustments.

So far increased the downforce, relaxed the differentials and rear bump damper but yes, something more fundamental has to be done.

So I'm going to redo the suspension from ground up tonight and see if I can get more consistency out of my driving.

Wouldn't mind giving this a bash.not done much cockpit driving, more a hood cam racer but I'll put in some practice.

Alan / aggerdo

I missed your message dude.. Nice one!! Cockpit is hard, but remember its hard for everyone :) Will add you on the list and on my Xbox.. If you fancy pumping in some laps some time give me a shout

Freeplay 20 laps is a great idea for race preparations.  

I use my own tunes for races such as this and I started the process yesterday but had less than an hour to find paint, build, and test so only had very limited time for adjustments.

So far increased the downforce, relaxed the differentials and rear bump damper but yes, something more fundamental has to be done.

So I'm going to redo the suspension from ground up tonight and see if I can get more consistency out of my driving.

I usually do 50 laps at Long Beach.. Takes about 1hr 10 mins in a jacked up Exige :) Usually get 400k.. Although I've had to start using another car now as I maxed the Lotus bonus out 

Same goes for you bud;; if you're about and want to do some laps/discuss set-ups, then give me a shout if I'm on

I usually do 50 laps at Long Beach.. Takes about 1hr 10 mins in a jacked up Exige :) Usually get 400k.. Although I've had to start using another car now as I maxed the Lotus bonus out 

Same goes for you bud;; if you're about and want to do some laps/discuss set-ups, then give me a shout if I'm on

Maybe on Friday night.  During the week I'm usually testing & evaluating.  I've got to take it to my test track and start addressing the tune 1 item at a time . . .

I don't need the credits but could use some seat time in the car.  Already have 35M+ credits . . . I wish it was real $$$ . . .

Gonna need some serious practice for this, can run 2:13s easy with my regular settings. 10 secs of at the minute :o

Whoaaa.. That's way faster than me dude. I'm fairly sure I'd never get near 2:13. I'm hovering between your cockpit camera time and non-cockpit camera time

What are your regular settings?

Also.. Do you have am on opinion on the Aston? I don't think I'm quick or consistent enough to fully establish that

Whoaaa.. That's way faster than me dude. I'm fairly sure I'd never get near 2:13. I'm hovering between your cockpit camera time and non-cockpit camera time

What are your regular settings?

Also.. Do you have am on opinion on the Aston? I don't think I'm quick or consistent enough to fully establish that

Normally I run with TCS and braking line, braking line I can almost do without here as it's my fave track. Just need driving time to adjust.

Cockpit view ain't to bad in the BMW.

Not driven the Aston much, found it all right in the times I have though. Probably the easiest to drive out of all of them.

I completed a mock 10 lap FreePlay race last night with competitive lap times but using the hood view.  I anticipate 2~3 second deficit using the in-car view.  The unbeatable foes were using stock cars so only the Aston was keeping up for couple of laps then it made a mistake and McLaren F1 took over 2nd spot.  Certainly nowhere close to 2:13 and I don't see myself doing that type of lap even with a lot of training.  Had few clean laps and no huge off-track moments so I feel good so far.

Well chaps, I've dipped into the 1:16s.. But low 1:18s are my more consistent pace.

Spoke to a few friends earlier who assured me they would be signing up today

All I'm hoping for is a fun, clean race, to hopefully meet some new friends and racers; and also to do much more racing in the future with like-minded people

Sounds good to me.  My best lap yesterday using the hood view was 2:16.0 but 2:17/2:18 was the norm.  Using in-car view, I anticipate 2:19/2:20 as the norm.  I think slower but more consistency will payoff as any excursion costs many seconds.

I think we will have a good race!

Yep.. Just need a few more to join.. I have a number more who said they'd let me know on Saturday so hopefully we can get at least 10-12 total

Its just a matter of practice bud.. I'm sure you can get some more time in cockpit by the end of the week... Speaking of which, time for my daily torture of a million laps of Spa :)

So looking forward to this......ive been getting a few laps in every night....but to be honest I'm still unsure as to which car to buy.....I liked the handling of the Aston Martin but the acceleration is crazy so I'm finding it difficult to keep it straight when coming out of corners!!! But I m sure that's just practice!!! Ferrari is also good.....torn between the 2!!! Once I buy I can start loading up some different setups and try and perfect my spa laps!!! I know spa like the back of my hand....so at least I don't have to learn that as well!!!

Another 20 laps and I am feeling more comfortable with the car; still on hood view.  The dang Radicals were 5~10s behind the whole race.  2:15.472 best clean lap, 46:03 was the total race time.

Only trouble I am having is the Eau Rouge.  The car's response is little slow and the rear end slips out coming out of the crest.  Little more front bump and rear rebound maybe?

From tonight, cockpit view practice!

Another 20 laps and I am feeling more comfortable with the car; still on hood view.  The dang Radicals were 5~10s behind the whole race.  2:15.472 best clean lap, 46:03 was the total race time.

Only trouble I am having is the Eau Rouge.  The car's response is little slow and the rear end slips out coming out of the crest.  Little more front bump and rear rebound maybe?

Those radicals are very fast. They were doing 1:15s, but I pull away from them eventually as they tend to make a lot of mistakes :/ 

For Eau Rouge, tough to say. That's the most difficult corner for me too.. Maybe 1/10 laps get the perfect line through it.. I've altered my gears so I'm in 6th going up that, and it seems a lot less unpredictable than at high revs on 5th gear.. But yes, you could probably alter your suspension too in some way

damn this sounds great fun, just the type of full sim racing I'd want to be part of.

Just cant make it at that time :( hopefully another time!

Its all good bud.. We'll make some more, and I'll happily change the time especially if we can get a few more to join us

Sorry, meant to say at the bottom of the valley, not at the top of the crest . . .