DIY G25 shifter interface with H-pattern, sequential and handbrake modes
19 19

208 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jonathan Kang said:

Just asking: Can I use a serial to USB adapter for g29 shifter? Will it work? I just want to use the shifter as a handbrake, as I own a Thrustmaster wheel and shifter.

Thanks in advance.

No, although the connector is a SUBD 9 it is not a RS232 interface. 

Hello everyone, I have a g29 with his shifter and I have a handbrake made by me with a potentiometer and arduino for pc, but to play in the playstation I would like to leave the third and fourth gear for the sequential change, and in the remaining gears wanted to put the handbrake with a switch and other switches for various options. Does anyone know how I can do it?

IMG_20190702_181841.jpg

IMG_20190702_181819__01.jpg

IMG_20190702_181808.jpg

On 4/22/2014 at 9:40 AM, pascalh said:

A few weeks ago my son switched from his old G25 wheel/shifter combo to a brand new Thrustmaster TX + F1 addon wheel. In the process he lost the G25 shifter that he used mainly for Nascar and MX5 racing. To get a working shifter, there were several choices:

We chose the latter option to have the best possible control on the gear shifting logic: the stock G25 shifting logic is somewhat buggy, leading to quite frequent mis-shifts. Having full control of the software also allows adding some new functions: a handbrake mode seems the most obvious as the G25 shifter has all the necessary hardware.

In the following posts I will explain all the steps required to build a G25 shifter to USB interface, based on a Teensy 2.0 board. This writeup is split into 5 chapters, each chapter being one post:

Hey Pascalh, can you re-upload the images, they are unavailable now. Thanks!