Thrustmaster F1 wheel mod with SIMR-F1 display, switches and encoders
11 11

242 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, snoups58 said:

I used this one: https://www.symprojects.com/categories-all-products/rotary-encoder
The simdisplay encoder will work too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/08/2017 at 6:27 PM, m1ke said:

I'm using the Simulaje quick release for the Logitech G27 in my version of this mod. It works brilliantly - no external wiring from the wheel it's all connected through a VGA connector embedded within the quick release system. And you get the G27 buttons when you switch back to the G27 rim.  I've realised though I have 4 spare pins on my quick release base. So am thinking 2 for video and 2 for the 12v ;) I'm going to be doing a Mercedes 2016 F1 wheel mod with the SIMR-LCD and the simulaje quick release. I will keep you posted on how it goes

Hi Guys -

For anyone interested I've completed a similar mod (described above) for the Mercedes F1 2016 wheel, using the SIMR-LCD, and Simulaje Quick Release.

Here are a few vids, and some photos: 

Quick Release: 

Spa Demo:

Monza Demo: 

I'm planning to do a similar Ferrari 2016 in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers

Mike

IMG_2174.JPG

IMG_2196.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

IMG_2202.JPG

Edited by m1ke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pascalh said:

Could you please elaborate on how you designed/built your wheel?

Hi Pascal -

The wheel rim was designed and 3D printed by Tony from http://www.bertanf1.com

You should have a look at his website, his wheels are really smart, and he customised mine to accommodate both the quick release system, and the SIMR-LCD. His prices are also very reasonable, by far the best I've come across (here's an Ebay link for his Mercedes wheel at the moment: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lewis-Hamilton-replica-W07-steering-wheel/122655255255).

He's working on a Ferrari 2016 wheel for me right now, which I will also be fitting with quick release and the SIMR-LCD just like this one.

So I purchased the wheel rim from bertanf1.com, and then wired in all the electronics myself. Very similar to the Thrustmaster / SIMR-F1 mod in this thread (which I also completed last year, which is what gave me the idea for this wheel).

If there is enough interest I will do a write-up although it's really a case of repeating the SIMR-F1 mod once you have the rim.

Edited by m1ke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, m1ke said:

Hi Pascal -

The wheel rim was designed and 3D printed by Tony from http://www.bertanf1.com

You should have a look at his website, his wheels are really smart, and he customised mine to accommodate both the quick release system, and the SIMR-LCD. His prices are also very reasonable, by far the best I've come across (here's an Ebay link for his Mercedes wheel at the moment: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lewis-Hamilton-replica-W07-steering-wheel/122655255255).

He's working on a Ferrari 2016 wheel for me right now, which I will also be fitting with quick release and the SIMR-LCD just like this one.

So I purchased the wheel rim from bertanf1.com, and then wired in all the electronics myself. Very similar to the Thrustmaster / SIMR-F1 mod in this thread (which I also completed last year, which is what gave me the idea for this wheel).

If there is enough interest I will do a write-up although it's really a case of repeating the SIMR-F1 mod once you have the rim.

Thank you for the details, very interesting ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And as promised, here are some photos / vids of the Ferrari 2016 wheel I've recently completed, with SIMR-LCD display and Simulaje quick release. The wheel rim itself again has been designed and 3D printed by Tony from bertanf1.com

 

 

 

 

IMG_2681.JPG

IMG_2682.JPG

IMG_2683.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi pascalh.I need help.I buy SIMR-F1 Full Kit:

  • 1x SIM Race F1
  • 2x Rotary Switch
  • 1x Enclosure
  • 1x Colored Cable Set

I also need 1x Rotary Swich and 3x Encoder CTS-288.

Will work well as SD Rotary Switch?

Sorry the English.Google translate.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello pascalh,

 

i have a question about your project. Is it possible to use the BBI-32 Button Box on the Thrustmaster T300 for the PS4 or can the BBi 32 button box only be used for a PC? I dont have a PCB board from a Thrustmaster F1 wheel. 

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 6:19 PM, MANOS66 said:

Hi pascalh.I need help.I buy SIMR-F1 Full Kit:

  • 1x SIM Race F1
  • 2x Rotary Switch
  • 1x Enclosure
  • 1x Colored Cable Set

I also need 1x Rotary Swich and 3x Encoder CTS-288.

Will work well as SD Rotary Switch?

Sorry the English.Google translate.

Thank you.

2 12-way rotary switches are needed to select variables displayed on left and right side panel of the dashboard

Additional rotary switches or encoders are not used by the dashboard but are directly used by the game. I added 1 12-way rotary for mode selection, 5 encoders, 8 buttons, 3 3-ways switches (6buttons), 2 hat-switches (4 buttons) and 2 analog clutch paddles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ThommH said:

Hello pascalh,

 

i have a question about your project. Is it possible to use the BBI-32 Button Box on the Thrustmaster T300 for the PS4 or can the BBi 32 button box only be used for a PC? I dont have a PCB board from a Thrustmaster F1 wheel. 

Thanks in advance

PC only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
11 11