Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

disconnect the gyro sensor in the SRW wheel

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys;

anyone knows if its possible to turn off the gyro sensor of the SRW-S1 wheel?

I have a SRW-S1 adapted in my G27 and it´s always complicated to set up the axis in the sim. With the 2 wheels connected, the sim (rF, rF2, Assetto, GSC) always detected the gyro movement of SRW for the wheel axis and not the G27, and so I have no force feedback. 

cheers

Hey guys;

anyone knows if its possible to turn off the gyro sensor of the SRW-S1 wheel?

I have a SRW-S1 adapted in my G27 and it´s always complicated to set up the axis in the sim. With the 2 wheels connected, the sim (rF, rF2, Assetto, GSC) always detected the gyro movement of SRW for the wheel axis and not the G27, and so I have no force feedback. 

cheers

I was thinking the same thing if I got one. My electronics background says you should be able to just clip and secure the wires to the gyro unit and no signal should keep it from trying to work on a sim.

I was thinking the same thing if I got one. My electronics background says you should be able to just clip and secure the wires to the gyro unit and no signal should keep it from trying to work on a sim.

I was thinking in something less invasive for the SRW  :)  but maybe it´s the only option.  

Hey Guys remember if your going to bolt a S1 to a G27 or any other FFB wheel base,  i HIGHLY recommend reinforcing the hand grips.   Over time the screws will pull out/Strip the wheel housing and you'll be left with a button box essentially. Also for what its worth, The S1 is officially discontinued as per steel series and the last i spoke to them(6months) they had Very little stock left for warranty purposes.   Why warranty might you ask, Some boards have a tendency to "flash" themselves and render the board dead.

Also on the most recent S1 i had apart, they appear to have changed the plastic used in the hand grips.   I still suggest the epoxy trick tho. It will hold together a lot longer.

Also for easy calibration just unplug the S1, do you axis, save profile then plug S1 back in and assign all the buttons you want.

preview_image_1_53556962x_zps2ee85515.jp