Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2010 North America release date?

24 posts in this topic

Anyone know for sure it will be released on Sept 24 in North America? I see you can preorder in Europe, but not in North America. :/ Even doing a search on Amazon.com will not come up with the game.

I'm having doubts that the pc version is coming out at the same time as console. It's not on Amazon or on Steam.

You can pre-order for 360/PS3 but not pc and it's been like that for a while now. This is a definite pc game for me, I hope we don't have to wait.

With F1 not being very big in the US I could understand that Codies might not bother with the lowest selling version (i.e. PC version) in the US. But I can't see the advantage of releasing the PC version in the US months later. If I were Codies I'd probably just release the PC version of F1 2010 on Steam for the US market.

I'd be happy with a Steam only release. I don't need a dvd/cd. I have checked on Steam and there is no info about it all. That being said, they have never said it would be released on steam either (not that I have seen anyways). But... It is a codies game, which, a lot are available through Steam. Defcon Won asks on the F1 2010 forum, and they lock it? I don't get it. Do they think they will lose sales if they say it will be released later? One of my coworkers is ready to order a copy for Europe if they don't release it here. I can wait and see what happens though. I do have other titles I can play in the mean time.

I have a suspicion this will be annoying for one very small reason. The radio antenna.

In a real car the drivers focal point would be way down the track and the antenna would be barely visible if at all. In the vids so far everything, regardless of distance from the driver, is in focus as you would expect in a game. This leaves the antenna highly obtrusive and i think would drive me nuts. Anyone else noticed this?

Yeh its not on steam don't think it will be if its like Dirt2 it will be a game for windows type deal both made by Codemaster.

It should be on Amazon tho :) thats where i got my date.

Steam takes a high % of the profits so publishers try to get as many non-steam sales as they can at first. Even on the downloadable games Steam doesn't get to release until 24 hours after the pubs other direct download choice. You can count on death, taxes, and a first day cry-athon on a game's steam forum about how so many kids will never buy from steam again and how their lives are ruined.

It happens

every

single

time.

Codemasters sells 17 titles on Steam. They know the power of Steam. I can't imagine they wouldn't sell F1 2010 on Steam. I rarely buy a game if it isn't on Steam. rFacter is one of the few exceptions.

From the Official F1 2010 Game Twitter Feed, came these gems

"We're very close to getting our F1 2010 game page up on Steam, you'll be able to purchase it there soon"

"Well on Steam you'll be able to preload it and play it instantly on release date ;)"

From the Official F1 2010 Game Twitter Feed, came these gems

"We're very close to getting our F1 2010 game page up on Steam, you'll be able to purchase it there soon"

"Well on Steam you'll be able to preload it and play it instantly on release date ;)"

:D:D:D

Does anyone know if Codemasters have bothered to properly implement high resolutions for triple screens via Eyefinity in F1 2010? Will it support 5760x1080? Grid doesn't, in Grid, the menus are messed up and can't see some of the options, in race playback mode, you can't see the remote control console and so on (on the AMD/ATI site, supposedly Grid supports 5760x1200, that is kinda sad since the majority of widescreen monitors are 1080). If this new title can't support triple screen properly, then I'm not interested in this title.

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

I don't have grid but the AMD site says it should be good??

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/technology ... tware.aspx

Dirt2, also by codemasters, released after Grid, is ATI Eyefinity Validated, at both 5760x1200 & 7680x1600

so given that Grid was released, in 2008 and "should be good, , Dirt 2 in 2009, and validated and F1 2010 in..well....2010 I imagine since they have past software validated on it, that the newest version would support it just fine?

Hi Cozmo.

The problem is most widescreen monitors sold are 16x9 widescreen thus the vertical resolution is 1080, so for the life of me cannot figure out why codemaster went with a vertical resolution of 1200 (16x10).

Or at least they could support both 16x9 and 16x10.

On Grid, the cars look a little long, but it's the menus that are seriously messed up. You can't see all the options when running in 5760x1080.

This is why I want to make sure that F1 2010 can support 5760x1080, if not, then I don't want this game/sim, trying to find out this information is like pulling teeth.

I would like to get in on the 10% off on pre-order on Steam if I can find out if it'll support Eyefinity 5760x1080.

Take care

From the Eyefinity website the two most common supported resolution in games are 5760X1200 and 7680x1600. There are only a few examples of 5760X1080 support so if someone thinking about going this route should probably get 1920X1200 resolution monitors.

With Grid is there any other resolution lower than 5760X1200?

I seriously doubt developers will spend a whole lot of time working with Eyefinity since this deals with such a small percentage of gamers.

Hi Cozmo.

The problem is most widescreen monitors sold are 16x9 widescreen thus the vertical resolution is 1080, so for the life of me cannot figure out why codemaster went with a vertical resolution of 1200 (16x10).

Or at least they could support both 16x9 and 16x10.

On Grid, the cars look a little long, but it's the menus that are seriously messed up. You can't see all the options when running in 5760x1080.

This is why I want to make sure that F1 2010 can support 5760x1080, if not, then I don't want this game/sim, trying to find out this information is like pulling teeth.

I would like to get in on the 10% off on pre-order on Steam if I can find out if it'll support Eyefinity 5760x1080.

Take care

hey dunno if it's there or not in your grid software, but I did find a setting in Dirt2 options that lets you change the screen aspect ratio...16:10-16:9-4:3 snoop through the video options to see if changing the aspect ratio is there as an option, and/or helps??

Hi Cozmo.

I believe I had tried that, I had tried setting that up to 16x9 but didn't make any difference, actually, in some of the choices you make on that screen, the menus still look all messed up but the racing is also, the cars look really wide (fat). I think I had set it to normal and the racing looked good, just the menus looked messed up.

Thanks for the help though.

Take care

From the Eyefinity website the two most common supported resolution in games are 5760X1200 and 7680x1600. There are only a few examples of 5760X1080 support so if someone thinking about going this route should probably get 1920X1200 resolution monitors.

With Grid is there any other resolution lower than 5760X1200?

I seriously doubt developers will spend a whole lot of time working with Eyefinity since this deals with such a small percentage of gamers.

Agreed, seems that 1200 is better supported than 1080 which is kind of strange since 1080 is so widespread, where I bought my monitors/video card, they sell 4 different brands of monitors and many models of each, if I remember correctly, only 2 supported 1200 but those didn't have HDMI and I needed the monitor to have both DVI and HDMI.

The thing I don't get, a older title like Race07 and rFactor scales great to 5760x1080 but a newer title like Grid doesn't, it's maybe a matter of software houses to get their act together and make their software scale to more variety of resolutions since 1080 is pretty much a standard (1080p, 16x9 in the movie industry). This seems to be more of a Codemaster problem than anything else.

Also agreed that a very small percentage of people have triple screens, but with the price of LCD monitors dropping and triple monitor computer setups (Eyefinity, Matrox TripleHead2Go and SoftTH) I can see more and more people getting triple screen setups, not just Race Sim fans, but also flight sims and 1st person shooters all look great on triple screen as seen on many clips on Youtube.

So maybe it's up to us the software buying public to pressure software house to support triple screens be it 1200 or 1080 or whatever. :)

Take care