Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions about G27

14 posts in this topic

Hi!

I want to install an aftermarket wheel (MOMO 78 and 29) on my G27. The only thing bugs my mind is the FFB. Is it enough for these wheels? The 78 (330mm) weighs 1200 grams and the 29 weighs 635 grams.

I really like the G27 just wondering if the FFB is enough for this wheels. Is it possible to get just the base of T500RS since it has a monster FFB? I googled it but couldn't find any. I considered getting the T500RS but if I can't get just the base then I'll have to throw away the pedals and the stock rim.

I'm planning to keep the base of G27 and get ClubSport SQ Shifter and V2 Pedals.

I found this on the forum. But couldn't figure it out. :) Can somebody tell me the weight of the rim in grams?

http://isrtv.com/forums/topic/8969-what-does-the-g27-wheel-rim-weigh/

Thank you so much for the info Krassi!

All the help is much appreciated! Thanks.

-Alphan

Hello Alphan.. The weight on picture is in grams - 780 grams . About your question for the FFB. Yes it is enought powerfull to handle adapter+ aftermarket rims....you need to use original wheels like yours,because they are lighter:) One of yours is lighter than the stock G27 rim;)

Hello Alphan.. The weight on picture is in grams - 780 grams . About your question for the FFB. Yes it is enought powerfull to handle adapter+ aftermarket rims....you need to use original wheels like yours,because they are lighter:) One of yours is lighter than the stock G27 rim;)

Btw for the first time someone says Thank you to me even before to post in the topic LoL;) I know it is for the picture;)

Hi Krassi! Thank you for your replies. I just wanted to show my appreciation. :)

Is it worth upgrading to T500RS even though the G27's FFB is enough? I can keep the T500RS pedals if they are good enough then I can forget about ClubSport V2 pedals and just throw away the stock T500RS rim.

Can you please recommend an quick release adapter for the wheels I'm going to install? I want one that supports wheel plates, for buttons. I can't afford extremely pricey products unfortunately. So please keep that in mind. :)

Thank you so much. I appreciate all the help. :)

-Alphan

Well Alphan , I have both G27 and T500RS ....T500RS is another planet ,but G27 is the best for its price....If you buy T500RS you will need to buy shifter too TH8RS, I think you use shifter.If you stay with G27 it will be better for your pocket but if are ready to face T500RS - why not:) 

If you install adapter for Momo wheels on G27 or T500RS my recommendation is to use button plate and the Momos ,but without extra metal quick release.Why you will need wuick release? To change rims? you can do it with 3 bolts only , for exanmple you can bolt with 3 bolts the plate to stay mounted on the adapter and other 3 bolts for the wheel...this will be fast enough...metal quick releases are extra weight and make the rim far away from the paddles ...I dont like that ...I like quick releases but if they are like Fanatec ones  you plug but everything is on his place.so if I was you I will but G27 momo adapter frpom derek speares , metal momo button plate from derek speares , custom larger paddles for wheel 320mm from derek spears... this will be maybe around 100$ but will change things...do it like stage 1 upgrade and after that you can decide do you need T500RS or this fits you great....with this small investment you will have better price tag if you want to sell your G27 ..Logitech G27 is a great to mod wheel - everything is simple so dont hurry to jump on next level,,,ofcourse you will need buttons for the plade and some cheap joystick to solder buttons to it ....joystick PCB can stay in G27 base and only wires to go in the wheels shaft:)In fact for 120$ you can have semi pro wheel:)

Hope this helps

Well Alphan , I have both G27 and T500RS ....T500RS is another planet ,but G27 is the best for its price....If you buy T500RS you will need to buy shifter too TH8RS, I think you use shifter.If you stay with G27 it will be better for your pocket but if are ready to face T500RS - why not:) 

If you install adapter for Momo wheels on G27 or T500RS my recommendation is to use button plate and the Momos ,but without extra metal quick release.Why you will need wuick release? To change rims? you can do it with 3 bolts only , for exanmple you can bolt with 3 bolts the plate to stay mounted on the adapter and other 3 bolts for the wheel...this will be fast enough...metal quick releases are extra weight and make the rim far away from the paddles ...I dont like that ...I like quick releases but if they are like Fanatec ones  you plug but everything is on his place.so if I was you I will but G27 momo adapter frpom derek speares , metal momo button plate from derek speares , custom larger paddles for wheel 320mm from derek spears... this will be maybe around 100$ but will change things...do it like stage 1 upgrade and after that you can decide do you need T500RS or this fits you great....with this small investment you will have better price tag if you want to sell your G27 ..Logitech G27 is a great to mod wheel - everything is simple so dont hurry to jump on next level,,,ofcourse you will need buttons for the plade and some cheap joystick to solder buttons to it ....joystick PCB can stay in G27 base and only wires to go in the wheels shaft:)In fact for 120$ you can have semi pro wheel:)

Hope this helps

Thanks again for your time and reply Krassi!

Ok I'll buy all the items needed from Derek Spears. As for the wheels ,there is a nice option for me :) I can sell my G27 here in Turkey and get the T500RS from Germany. (The sell price of the G27 in Turkey and the cost of T500RS in Germany is the same) I'll soon be visiting my relatives there. :) Isn' this a good deal?

Can I use the Clubsport SQ Shifter with the T500RS? Are the T500RS pedals ok, or should I get the Clubsport V2 pedals too?

Can I use Derek Spears adapter, extended paddles and wheel-button plate all together on the same rim?

A lot of questions but I appreciate all the help and replies... Thank you so much! :)

Btw: The reason I'm going as high end as I can is I rarely get to go to Germany because all my time goes to business kind of stuff. :(

Thanks again.

-Alphan

ofcourse you will need buttons for the plade and some cheap joystick to solder buttons to it ....joystick PCB can stay in G27 base and only wires to go in the wheels shaft:)In fact for 120$ you can have semi pro wheel:)

Hope this helps

Can you please explain this part please, I didn't fully understand what you meant. Thanks! :)

Well if you have chance to make this exchange with no extra money ...you must do it!!! Now we accept that you will buy T500RS, so from derek speares you will need to buy wheel adapter ,but for T500RS and buttons plate for Momos....for the shifter you will  have many options if you will play mainly on PC ,you can use CSS SQ or any other USB shifter, but if you order CSS SQ - you must order usb adapter too... for T500RS pedals - they are ok for me, I have CSP V1 too and can compare , the clubsport are better ofcourse , load cell etc...you must decide how much extra money will spend ,because you know always can buy better and better things... ;)

For the last part that you ask to explain....well when you buy adapter and wheel plate you must put buttons on it , so you have option to buy USB PCB controler from derek spears  or you can use cheap joystick too...this is the easiest part:)

Btw Turkey is a great place to go.... I was in Bodrum on a vacation in 2012 - what a great place;)

Can you make some photos to see this 2 rims that you have now...and show some photos what kind of plate with buttons you like to have.

Well if you have chance to make this exchange with no extra money ...you must do it!!! Now we accept that you will buy T500RS, so from derek speares you will need to buy wheel adapter ,but for T500RS and buttons plate for Momos....for the shifter you will  have many options if you will play mainly on PC ,you can use CSS SQ or any other USB shifter, but if you order CSS SQ - you must order usb adapter too... for T500RS pedals - they are ok for me, I have CSP V1 too and can compare , the clubsport are better ofcourse , load cell etc...you must decide how much extra money will spend ,because you know always can buy better and better things... ;)

For the last part that you ask to explain....well when you buy adapter and wheel plate you must put buttons on it , so you have option to buy USB PCB controler from derek spears  or you can use cheap joystick too...this is the easiest part:)

Btw Turkey is a great place to go.... I was in Bodrum on a vacation in 2012 - what a great place;)

Can you make some photos to see this 2 rims that you have now...and show some photos what kind of plate with buttons you like to have.

Hi again!

I got a great deal on t500rs and just bought it. LOL :) I even get to keep some extra money by selling the G27!

I'll be ok with the Thrustmaster pedals I guess. And I'm on PC so I'll get the clubsport sq shifter too and the usb adapter of course. :)

Can you please explain what a USB controller is and post some examples?

I don't have the rims here in Turkey :) They are in my place in Germany waiting for me! LOL :)

Turkey is a wonderful country but unfortunately has a s***ty government and about 60% of people in here support them, they even banned twitter 2 days ago... Anyway I'd be happy to buy you a beer man. :) Let me know if you ever come here!

Thank you.

-Alphan

Hey man:) Well when you install Momo rim with DSD adapter on T500RS and wheel plate from DSD you must have buttons on it ....for example 8 buttons ... you will need to connect the buttont to usb PCB from DSD again....it is not difficult to be done and it is very good upgrade to havce buttons like GT car :)

Hey man:) Well when you install Momo rim with DSD adapter on T500RS and wheel plate from DSD you must have buttons on it ....for example 8 buttons ... you will need to connect the buttont to usb PCB from DSD again....it is not difficult to be done and it is very good upgrade to havce buttons like GT car :)

Thanks for your reply. :)

So where can I get the buttons and how do I install them?

Thanks again.

When you purchase from Derek Speares Design  you can contact him with mail and tell him to suplly buttons and PCB needed for Wheel plate, I mean contact him for advice...He is the best for making button boxes etc... keep me in touch how everything is going on;)

When you go home from Germany if you cross Bulgaria near Sofia we can drink koffee ( kaave):)

When you purchase from Derek Speares Design  you can contact him with mail and tell him to suplly buttons and PCB needed for Wheel plate, I mean contact him for advice...He is the best for making button boxes etc... keep me in touch how everything is going on;)

When you go home from Germany if you cross Bulgaria near Sofia we can drink koffee ( kaave) :)

Thanks for the advice!

I'd gladly stop by for some kaave. Have you ever tried Turkish kahve? :)

Where and how do I connect the buttons? Does Derek supply anything for this purpose?

Thanks again. :)