Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logitech G27 worth it?

7 posts in this topic

May seem a bit of a silly title as most people love their G27's but I want to be assured.

I can get one for £169 which seems pretty good to me, so a few questions before I buy later this week:

1. Is it heavy to turn in games, or any options to make it "lighter" ?

2. Can the standard shifter be replaced with say, Thrustmaster TH8RS if I wanted to?

3. Would you recommend one at this price?

Cheers.

1. Is it heavy to turn in games, or any options to make it "lighter" ?

A: G27 has a profiler, which you can adjust the settings of your G27 from Damper to spring and also FFB settings the lower the settings generally the easier it is to turn but you loose all the nice effects in game 

2. Can the standard shifter be replaced with say, Thrustmaster TH8RS if I wanted to?

A:You can just not bother plugging the G27 shifter in and just plug a TH8RS in via USB you may need more USB ports if yours are all full but you can pick up an external usb port to give you extras.

3. Would you recommend one at this price?

A: For that price new or used is good, they still sell at around £200 used i have seen so that is a good price if your going thinking of getting it, get it!

CHEERS! :D

Very fast and light in turns , maybe the best wheel for this purpose;)

You can use on PC TH8RS or any other USB shifter together with the G27

Very good wiheel and the best for its price!:)

The G27 is a wonderful wheel, and if you can get it at that price, it's even better. It's a little noisier than a belt-driven wheel, but it never bothered me.

If you can tell us more about what you'll be using it with, such as PC, consoles, and software, we might be able to provide more helpful information.

Thanks for the replies, mainly pc for Euro Truck SIm 2, I also have Grid 2, F1 2013, all the Race 07/STCC's etc and of course Assetto Corsa :)

a G27 is good for these titles as i used one to play all what you have listed. AC will need some tweaks such as lowering curb and off track effects as i found the g27 to rattle a lot, this might of just been my wheel as it was well used.

CHEERS

After 10yrs with my trusty Momo Racing Wheel I finally upgrade to the G27 last week. Total game changer. The purchase of Assetto Corsa was the reason for the upgrade. I had thought the Momo was holding up quite well in its old age but after getting the G27 I realize what I have been missing all these years.